|Jorge Garcia Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|April 28, 1973
Jorge Garcia is an American actor and comedian who first rose to fame following his outstanding portrayal as Hector Lopez on the hit television show Becker. Though he was quick to make rounds in the industry after playing as Hector, he’s most popularly known for his portrayal of the character Hugo “Hurley” Reyes in the TV series called Lost from 2004 to 2010. Apart from acting, he also goes on stage and performs stints as a stand-up comedian, which was also one of the reasons why a lot of his fans admire and adore him for his talent both in acting and doing comedy acts. He later landed on more roles on many popular series including FOX’s Alcatraz, a minor character he played on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, as Jerry Ortega on Hawaii Five-O, and on Netflix’s original movie Ridiculous 6.
His career as an actor made its rounds in the industry shortly after the producers of the series Lost saw him on the comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm during which he was specially chosen to play the role of Hugo. In addition to his filmography, he was picked to cast in a movie When We Were Pirates in which he also acts as an associate producer. In the movie, he plays the character named Jerry who learns that his childhood love of playing pirates helps him surpass the difficulties they will face later in their adult lives. Other films and series listed in his filmography include The Wedding Ringer, The Healer, Get a Job, Rock Dog, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, The Ordained, Maggie, iSteve, and Food Truck. Garcia has also done voice acts in an episode of the hit animation series Phineas and Ferb (2012) and BoJack Horseman (2016).
He attended the San Clemente High School where he wrestled and was given the nickname “Baby-Faced-Killer”. In 1995, he graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) as a Communication Studies major. He also went to Beverly Hills Playhouse to study acting.
- Father – Humberto Garcia (Doctor)
- Mother – Dora Mesa (Professor)
Jorge Garcia is represented by the Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
175 kg or 386 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jorge Garcia has dated –
- Bethany Leigh Shady (2004-2006) – Jorge Garcia started a relationship with Bethany Leigh Shady in 2004 but the former beaus had called it quits in 2006 after 2 years of romance.
- Rebecca Birdsall (2018-Present) – He got engaged to Rebecca Birdsall in 2018 and the two had officially tied the knot on June 2019. Though both Jorge and Rebecca have never openly talked about the full story of their romance before they even decided to settle down, they seem proud of each other and both even shared a few intimate photos from their wedding on their respective Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Chilean and Cuban ancestry.
- Thin Lips
- Thick Eyebrows
- Downward Pointed Nose
- Bearded Jawline
- Tall Height
Jorge Garcia has endorsed brands and companies such as –
- Simon Malls
- Jack in the Box
Best Known For
- His portrayal as “Hugo” in the series called Lost from 2004 to 2010
- Making notable appearances on various films and TV series since his acting debut in 1997
In 1997, he made his theatrical film debut as Monty in the action-drama film Raven’s Ridge.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut as Germur in Rock Dog in 2016.
First TV Show
In 2001, Jorge Garcia made his first TV show appearance as “Cabbie” in an episode of the comedy series Spin City.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut as Ricardo on The Wild Thornberrys in 2000.
Jorge Garcia Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
- Character In The Series “Lost” – Sawyer
- Hobbies – Playing video games
- Film Series – Star Wars
Source – The Fact Site
Jorge Garcia Facts
- In 2004, he had to miss his sister’s wedding because he was shooting for the series Lost in Hawaii.
- He was on the high school wrestling name and was nicknamed as the “Baby-Faced Killer”.
- His picture was featured on the cover of Weezer’s album Hurley which was released on September 14, 2010. The album title was named after his character from the series Lost.
- He used to be a newsstand operator.
- He hosted a weekly podcast called Geronimo Jack’s Beard during which he had reportedly discussed the script of Season 6 alongside his former girlfriend and Lost co-star, Bethany Leigh Shady.
- Garcia received the highest award as a graduating senior after he was selected by the faculty as the “Triton of the Year”.
- He had spent 6 years working at the Borders Books and Music while auditioning.
- He launched a podcast called Kaiju Podcast on November 14, 2016, with co-host Ralph Apel. Each episode was released bi-weekly and would cover their favorite and least favorite films that feature giant monsters in the storyline.
- Garcia always loved being on the stage and once played as Tevye in a school production of Fiddler on the Roof.
- Garcia likes doing stand-up comedy acts to raise money for charities at benefit concerts.
- In the past, he had tried a vegan diet in an attempt to lose weight.
- He adores dogs and owns a small Chihuahua mixed-breed named Nunu.
- Connect with Jorge Garcia on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jorge Garcia / Instagram