|Jorge Lorenzo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1987|
Jorge Lorenzo is a retired Spanish professional motorcycle racer who won 5 World Championships including 3 (2010, 2012 and 2015) in the premier MotoGP tier during his storied career. He began racing in the MotoGP tier in 2008 after making waves in the 250cc level competition for 3 seasons. He retired at the end of the 2019 MotoGP season, at the age of 32, after a series of serious injuries (including a fractured back) and crashes, that had started from the 2018 season, began to hamper his performances.
Jorge Lorenzo Guerrero
X-Fuera, Hammer, and Butter
Palma, Mallorca, Spain
Lugano, Ticino, Switzerland
His formal education took a backseat as he began racing competitively from a young age.
Professional Motorcycle Racer
- Father – Jose Manuel Lorenzo
- Mother – Maria Guerrero
- Siblings – Laura (Sister)
- 48 (2002-2006, 2008)
- 1 (2007, 2011)
- 99 (2009-2010, 2012-2019)
- Caja Madrid Derbi Racing (2002-2004) (125cc)
- Fortuna Honda (2005) (250cc)
- Fortuna Aprilia (2006-2007) (250cc)
- Fiat Yamaha (2008-2010) (MotoGP)
- Yamaha Factory Racing (2011-2013) (MotoGP)
- Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (2014-2016) (MotoGP)
- Ducati (2017-2018) (MotoGP)
- Repsol Honda (2019) (MotoGP)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Nuria Tomás (2015-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent.
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Toned physique
- Has a mole on his left cheek
- Affable smile
Jorge has served as the ambassador for brands such as –
- Zopo Speed 7 GP smartphone
- Computerworld Malaysia
- Alfa Romeo
He has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Zopo Speed 7 GP smartphone
He has been sponsored by brands such as –
- Call of Duty (Video Game Franchise)
- Rockstar Energy Drink
Jorge Lorenzo Favorite Things
- Hobbies/Interests – Collecting Hypercars, Traveling, Reading
- Music Bands/Groups – Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N’ Roses
- Music Genre – Rock, Pop
- Apps – Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp
- Article Of Clothing – Scarf
Source – Instagram, Twitter, USA Today
Jorge Lorenzo Facts
- He made his championship debut on his 15th birthday in the 125cc tier on the 2nd qualifying day of the 2002 Spanish Grand Prix. He had to miss the day 1 (Friday) practice because he was short of the age criterion by 1 day.
- After 3 seasons in the 125cc competition, he graduated to the 250cc class in 2005 and won that tier’s championships in both 2006 and 2007.
- His burgeoning reputation earned him a contract with the Yamaha team for the 2008 MotoGP season and he made an immediate impact by ending the season in 4th place. He even ended on the podium in his first 3 races of this debut season which made him the youngest rider in MotoGP history to do so.
- With his 2012 MotoGP triumph, he became the first Spanish racer to win the MotoGP more than once. His 2010 MotoGP title win was also the first by a Spanish racer in the four-stroke era, which began in 2002.
- In the 2013 season, Jorge won more races than 2012 but could not win the title because of points lost due to a broken collarbone in the middle of the season. He returned after missing 1 round and even won all of the last 3 races but still lost out to Marc Márquez by just 4 points in the overall season standings.
- During his triumphant 2015 season, he won 4 races in succession for the first time in his career.
- In January 2010, he actively supported Oxfam’s efforts in arranging and providing necessary support for the victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake.
- The makers of the video game franchise Halo revealed that they named a character as “Jorge” in the 2010 video game Halo: Reach after he wore a helmet at the 2009 Valencian Grand Prix that replicated a helmet style from the 2009 video game Halo 3: ODST.
- In May 2013, before the Spanish Grand Prix, the administrators of the Circuito de Jerez honored him by renaming the 13th corner on their track as Curva Lorenzo. It was known as Curva Ducados till then.
Featured Image by Box Repsol / Flickr / CC BY-2.0