|Joseph Mascolo Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1929|
|Date of Death||December 8, 2016|
Joseph Mascolo was an American actor who was best known for portraying characters such as Stefano DiMera in the highly popular TV soap opera Days of Our Lives (1982-1985, 1988, 1993-2001, 2007-2017) and Massimo Marone in the TV soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful (2001-2006). His final appearance on Days of Our Lives was aired on February 9, 2017 – 2 months after his death. Joseph also acted in quite a few films and theater productions.
Joseph Peter Mascolo
Joseph was born on March 13, 1929.
He died on December 8, 2016, after years of battling Alzheimer’s disease, in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County, California, United States. He was 87 years old at the time of his death.
West Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut, United States
Joseph, after graduating high school, joined the United States Military Academy (USMA), a federal academy for the undergraduate education and training of commissioned officers for the United States Armed Forces, located in West Point, New York. He later also attended the University of Miami, a private research university in Coral Gables, Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Father – Peter Mascolo (d. 2008)
- Mother – Anna Mascolo (née DeTuccio) (d. 2010)
- Siblings – Marie LaVoie (née Mascolo) (Sister)
- Others – Ronald LaVoie (Brother-in-Law)
Joseph Mascolo’s net worth had been $12 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph had dated –
- Rose Maimone (1953-1986) – Joseph married a woman named Rose Maimone in 1953. They had a son together named Peter Mascolo. Joseph and Rose were together until the latter’s death in April 1986.
- Patricia Schultz (2004-2016) – Joseph had known Patricia Schultz (a former TV executive) for more than 15 years before going out on a date with her in 2004. The pair got married in October 2005 and they were together until his death on December 8, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Italian descent.
- Burly frame
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Sported a rugged beard
Joseph Mascolo Facts
- Joseph, after attending the University of Miami, had planned to study orchestral music conducting until a drama teacher suggested he try acting. He then trained under the tutelage of Stella Adler, a renowned American actress and acting coach, in New York City.
- He had previously been trained in classical music and opera (a form of theatre in which music is a fundamental component). During his acting training under Stellar Adler, for about a couple of years, he used to play the clarinet with the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra in New York, to support himself financially.
- Joseph won 3 Soap Opera Digest Awards (an awards ceremony organized, since 1977, by Soap Opera Digest, a daytime TV magazine) in the ‘Outstanding Villain’ category for his portrayal of Stefano DiMera in Days of Our Lives – arguably the work that he is most remembered for.
- He suffered a stroke in the spring of 2015. In January 2016, during his rehab, in an interview with Soap Opera Digest, he indicated that he was about to give up acting due to his poor health.
- Joseph has a one-mile street in Ocilla, a city in Irwin County, Georgia, United States, named after him – in recognition of his charity work for handicapped/disabled people.
- His hobbies included reading, playing tennis, and gardening.
Featured Image by NBC / Instagram