|Josh Green Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Josh Green is an Australian professional basketball player who played college basketball for the Arizona Wildcats and has played for the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Joshua Benjamin Green
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Dallas, Texas, United States
Josh Green studied at The King’s School located in North Parramatta in the western suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. During his time there, he was active in the local basketball scene and was selected to represent the New South Wales’ under-16 state team at the age of 13. He then attended the Mountain Ridge High School, a public high school in Glendale, Arizona, United States.
In 2017, he transferred to the IMG Academy in Florida and became a five-star draft prospect. Afterward, he attended the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Delmas Green (Played basketball at Oregon Tech as well as played professionally in Australia)
- Mother – Cahla Green (Played basketball professionally in Australia)
- Siblings – Jay Green (Brother) (Has played for the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks). Josh Green has 2 more siblings.
Shooting guard / small forward
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
91 kg or 200.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Josh Green has done endorsement work for brands such as Finish Line and Culture Kings.
Josh Green Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Josh Green Facts
- Growing up, he played local basketball for the Hills Hornets as well as participated in various other sports as a junior and excelled in Australian rules football, athletics, basketball, rugby, soccer, and swimming.
- By the time he was 10 years old, he had already been selected to represent his home state of New South Wales in 9 separate sports.
- When he was in 5th standard, Josh Green traveled more than 12 hours by car to Broken Hill in an attempt to gain selection for the under-12 state basketball team. There, he was told that although he was good enough to be on the team, he would have to wait a year or two so the older boys could play. Ultimately, he captained the under-12 NSW Metro state team to a national title 12 months later.
- In the year 2013, he decided to play club basketball for Penrith and was subsequently selected to represent the under-14 and under-16 New South Wales state teams in successive years as a bottom-ager.
- In 2015, his family moved to Phoenix, Arizona.
- Josh Green played the final game of his high school career while at IMG Academy and led his side to a national championship victory with a 65–55 win over La Lumiere. He was subsequently named MVP of the championship game.
- In April 2018, he received an offer to join the Villanova Wildcats and he then received an offer to join the North Carolina Tar Heels in July 2018.
- In the 2019 recruiting class, Josh Green was considered a top player by 247Sports, Rivals, and ESPN. He received offers from the University of Southern California, the University of Kansas, the University of Arizona, Villanova University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He decided to commit to the University of Arizona and play for the Arizona Wildcats, signing his National Letter of Intent (NLI) in October 2018.
- He was selected for the 2019 McDonald’s All-American Boys Game.
- In the 2020 NBA draft, Josh Green was picked by the Dallas Mavericks with the 18th pick and signed his rookie scale contract with the team on November 30, 2020.
- He signed a three-year, $41 million extension with the Mavericks on October 23, 2023.
Featured Image by Ron Sellers / Flickr / CC BY 2.0 DEED