|Josh Pyman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
Josh Pyman is an Australian actor who burst into the spotlight after portraying Farzad Qadir in the superhero television series Arrow (2019). He solidified his fame by playing Dev Ranaweera/”Jason”, the love interest to one of the lead dancers Shane, in the Netflix Original Series Tiny Pretty Things (2020). He has appeared in several movies as well including Plantonic (2020), his outstanding performance in the short film fetching him a nomination in 2020 for the Leo award for “Best Performance by a Male in a Short Drama”.
Josh was born in December.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
After high school, he had attended University for 1 year, studying Business. He dropped out of that to study acting and enrolled in the Screenwise Film & TV School for Actors in Sydney, graduating with a Diploma of Screen Acting in 2017.
- Father – His father is a lawyer.
- Mother – His mother is a photographer.
- Siblings – He has a younger sister and a younger brother.
He has been represented by The X Division and Play Management.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Cleft chin
- Defined jawline
- Sharp features
- Shapely lips
Josh Pyman Favorite Things
- Pastime – Reading, Listening to hip hop
- Hobby – Snorkeling at the beach
- Place – South Africa having fallen in love with it after going there on a cricket tour in 2014 with his school
- City – Vancouver where he lived for a couple of years when he had started acting
Source – Just Jared Jr.
Josh Pyman Facts
- He has disclosed that his first dream job had been to be a professional tennis player. He used to play the sport from ages 10 to 17, having played tournaments all over Australia. Josh has added that if he were not an actor, he would have certainly done something like sports psychology.
- During the filming of Tiny Pretty Things, Josh used to work out almost every day, having focused on building strength and muscle.
- Josh has affirmed that he has enjoyed essaying Dev who is a complicated man achieving many things yet not having figured out who he truly is. He has been thrilled to go on the slow journey of self-discovery with Dev and working him out while doing so.
- Josh has revealed that his close friends have inspired him every day. He has felt grateful to have a small friendship circle where each has motivated the other and they have striven to be the best version of themselves. Josh has also got encouraged by learning about great athletes and musicians and has been creatively fuelled after watching incredible performances in movies television or theatre.
- Josh has cherished his family farm that has been located a few hours from the city and has found it to be a beautiful escape, with his whole family having had fun being there. He has loved how his father realized a love for horses and went on to dedicate a lot of time to it. Josh has relished the peace and the amazing views that can be experienced from there, with the best part being that all the stars at night have been visible perfectly from the pretty place.
Featured Image by Josh Pyman / Instagram