|Josh Taylor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1991|
Josh Taylor is a Scottish professional boxer who is the former undisputed super lightweight champion and also held the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and World Boxing Association (WBA) (Super version) titles between 2019 and 2022. On the other hand, he also held the World Boxing Council (WBC) title between 2021 and 2022, and the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) title between 2021 and 2023. He also won a silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in the 60 kg category.
The Tartan Tornado
Josh divides his time between Edinburgh, Scotland, and London, England.
Josh trained at Meadowbank Amateur Boxing Club before joining Lochend Amateur Boxing Club where he trained under coach Terry McCormack of Edinburgh.
- Father – James Taylor
- Mother – Diane Taylor
- Siblings – Finch Taylor (Sister)
Josh Taylor is managed by Ben of Think Beyond Talent.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh has dated –
- Danielle Murphy – Josh is engaged to Danielle Murphy.
Race / Ethnicity
Taylor is of Irish descent.
Josh Taylor Facts
- He earned his nickname “The Tartan Tornado” for his aggressive boxing style.
- Josh started taking an interest in taekwondo at an early age and even became a junior champion in the sport.
- During his childhood, Taylor was very much into motorcycle racing and wanted to pursue it professionally during his adult years. He even named Valentino Rossi and Steve Hislop to be his inspirations.
- He turned to boxing at the age of 15.
- Josh has been sponsored by Wow Hydrate.
- He was beaten by Thomas Stalker in the lightweight final by 11–3 at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi earning him a silver medal.
- Josh made his professional boxing career debut in July 2015, after signing with Barry McGuigan’s Cyclone Promotions.
- In May 2022, Taylor was ranked as the seventh-best active boxer, pound-for-pound, by the Boxing Writers Association of America and ninth by the Ring magazine.
- Josh has been a childhood supporter of the Hibernian Football Club.
- Taylor was arrested and charged for his threatening or abusive behavior for an incident that took place whilst partying at a club in Edinburgh upon being asked to leave. He went on to throw insults at a bouncer about being gay. Upon pleading guilty at the Edinburgh Sheriff’s Court, he was fined £350.
- Josh considers Terence Crawford to be the best fighter pound-for-pound.
Featured Image By Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports / Wikimedia / Government Open Data License – India (GODL)