|Valentino Rossi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1979|
|Girlfriend||Francesca Sofia Novello|
Valentino Rossi is an Italian professional motorcycle racer and multiple MotoGP World Champion who is widely regarded as one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time having won 9 Grand Prix World Championships. He was especially dominant in the 2000s with 7 of his world titles coming in that decade. Valentino is also the owner of the junior class team named Sky Racing Team by VR46 that competes in the Moto2 and Moto3 tiers. After the obsoletion of the 500cc bike in 2002 and 2003, he remains the only motorcycle racer to have won a World Championship in each of the 150cc, 250cc, 500cc, and MotoGP competition tiers.
The Doctor, Highlighter Pen, Rossifumi
Urbino, Marche, Italy
Tavullia, Pesaro e Urbino, Marche, Italy
Valentino’s formal education took a backseat as he started competing in karting and minimoto championships from the age of 11.
Professional Motorcycle Racer
- Father – Graziano Rossi (Former Motorcycle Racer)
- Mother – Stefania Palma
- Others – Luca Marini (Maternal Half-Brother) (Motorcycle Racer), Dario Rossi (Paternal Grandfather), Denise Pierantoni (Paternal Grandmother)
He is represented by VR/46 Srl (Pesaro, Italy), his management firm that was founded in 2008 to look after his contracts, image, and sponsorships.
- Scuderia AGV Aprilia (1996) (125cc)
- Nastro Azzurro Aprilia (1997) (125cc), (1998-1999) (250cc)
- Nastro Azzurro Honda (2000-2001) (500cc)
- Repsol Honda (2002-2003) (MotoGP)
- Gauloises Fortuna/Gauloises/Fiat/Camel Yamaha (2004-2010) (MotoGP)
- Ducati (2011-2012) (MotoGP)
- Yamaha Factory Racing (2013) (MotoGP)
- Movistar/Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP (MotoGP)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Valentino Rossi has dated –
- Martina Stella (2002)
- Maddalena Corvaglia (2005)
- Arianna Matteuzzi (2005-2007)
- Elisabetta Canalis (2007) – Rumor
- Linda Morselli (2007-2016)
- Mandala Tayde (2008)
- Aura Rolenzetti (2016)
- Francesca Sofia Novello (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Tousled, curly hair
- Has a mole on his chin and one on his right cheek
- Affable smile
- Sports a light stubble
Valentino has endorsed brands such as –
- Bridgestone Europe
- Opel ADAM
He has appeared in the TV commercials for numerous brands such as –
- Honda Civic
- Yamaha Aerox scooter
- Yamaha Fuel Injection
- Mau Irit
He has been sponsored by brands such as –
- Monster Energy
- JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation (ENEOS)
Valentino Rossi Favorite Things
- Color – Fluorescent Yellow
- Racer/Inspirational Figure – Colin McRae
- Soccer Club – Internazionale
- Soccer Player – Diego Maradona
Source – Wikipedia
Valentino Rossi Facts
- Valentino, inspired by his father, was interested in motorcycle racing from childhood although his first racing love was karting. He won a regional kart championship in 1990.
- He won the 125cc world championship in 1997 in just his 2nd season in that tier of motorcycle racing, winning a staggering 11 races out of 15. During the season, he would often dress up as Robin Hood and carry with him a blow-up doll. His jovial nature and quirky demeanor earned him several fans around the world. The victory also helped him earn a promotion to the 250cc World Championship for the 1998 season. He finished 2nd that year and won the title in 1999 which helped him get a contract for the 500cc World Championship for the 2000 season.
- Like with the previous tier, he won the 500cc World Championship in his 2nd season in 2001. In 2002, although bikes with 500cc two-strokes were still allowed, the 990cc four-stroke bike was introduced which essentially made the 500cc bikes obsolete. This began what is now known as the ‘MotoGP Era’.
- It did not make much difference to Valentino though, who won the championship 4 more times in succession (2002-2005), a streak of dominance rarely seen in the world of professional motorcycle racing. He also won the MotoGP crown in 2008 and 2009.
- After having won the MotoGP World Championship in 2009, he had a title drought for several years and even though he always finished in the top 10, it was a period of a disappointment compared to the lofty benchmark he had set in the 2000s. He led the Moto GP championship standings for a majority of the 2015 season before being overtaken by Jorge Lorenzo in the final round. Valentino missed the title due to a grid penalty for a controversial clash with Marc Márquez in the previous round.
- Valentino has raced with the number 46 on his bike throughout his GP career. The number is a tribute to his father who had used it in his first GP win in 1979, the year of Valentino’s birth.
- He tested the Ferrari Formula One car in 2006 and recorded the 9th fastest time out of 15 drivers, approximately just one second behind the great Michael Schumacher.
- His helmets often carry the Sun & Moon motif which according to him depicts the 2 sides of his personality.
Featured Image by RaúlBlancoRueda / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0