|Joshua Dobbs Quick Info
|6 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|January 26, 1995
Joshua Dobbs is an American football player who played college football for the Tennessee Volunteers. He was picked by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL Draft and went on to play as a quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL).
Robert Joshua Dobbs
Alpharetta, Fulton County, Georgia, United States
Joshua Dobbs studied at Wesleyan School located in Peachtree Corners, Georgia. He also attended Alpharetta High School situated in Alpharetta, Georgia. He played football in high school.
After that, he attended the University of Tennessee located in Knoxville, Tennessee. He majored in aerospace engineering and was presented with the 2017 Torchbearer Award, the highest honor for an undergraduate student, which recognizes accomplishments in the community and academics.
- Father – Robert Dobbs (Retired as a senior vice president for Wells Fargo)
- Mother – Stephanie Dobbs (Retired from United Parcel Service (UPS) as a region manager in corporate human resources)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Joshua Dobbs is of African-American descent.
Talking about the most important day in his life, he said, “That’s the day I got baptized and went public with the decision of shedding my old life and putting on the new and starting a relationship with Jesus Christ. The day will come that I won’t be a part of any football team. But the decision I made during my sophomore year in high school — to be a part of Team Jesus — I’ll be a part of that team for the rest of my life, and for all eternity.”
Joshua Dobbs Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Alpharetta, Fulton County, Georgia.
- He was 5 years old when he started playing football.
- He has been diagnosed with alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease causing hair loss. The condition started when he was transitioning from elementary to junior high school. He has served as an advocate for awareness about alopecia.
- As a senior in high school, Joshua Dobbs threw for 3,625 yards with 29 touchdowns.
- Rivals.com rated him as a three-star recruit and he was started as a four-star recruit by Scout.com.
- Initially, he committed to play college football for Arizona State University but later changed his decision and committed to the University of Tennessee.
- Joshua Dobbs concluded his 2013 season with 72 of 121 passes for 695 yards with two touchdowns and six interceptions as well as rushed for 189 yards and a touchdown.
- In 2016, he was inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa in Tennessee.
- In the 2017 NFL Draft, he was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round (135th overall). He subsequently signed a four-year, $2.95 million contract with a signing bonus of $554,295, with the Pittsburgh Steelers on May 22, 2017.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers traded him to the Jacksonville Jaguars on September 9, 2019, for a fifth-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. He was later waived by the team on September 5, 2020.
- During his time with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Joshua Dobbs participated in an internship at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center.
- On April 19, 2021, he re-signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers on a one-year contract.
- Joshua Dobbs went on to sign a one-year, $1 million deal with the Cleveland Browns on April 9, 2022, but was waived on November 28, 2022, after Deshaun Watson returned from suspension.
- He signed a deal with the Cleveland Browns on March 23, 2023.
- On August 24, 2023, Joshua Dobbs was traded to the Arizona Cardinals. As a Cardinals’ quarterback, he concluded his stint with 1,569 passing yards, eight passing touchdowns, and five interceptions, as well as 258 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns.
- He has founded the ASTROrdinary Dobbs Foundation.
Featured Image by Thomson200 / Wikimedia / Public Domain