|Deshaun Watson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1995|
Deshaun Watson is an American professional football player who has represented the Houston Texans (2017-Present), as a quarterback, in the National Football League (NFL). For his performances, he was included in the ‘PFWA (Pro Football Writers Association) All-Rookie Team’ in 2017 and had been selected for the Pro Bowl (NFL‘s annual All-Star Game) for 3 years in a row (2018-2020). He had been picked 12th overall in the 1st round of the 2017 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans after a stellar college career where he had helped Clemson University to a CFP (College Football Playoff) championship game appearance in 2015 and the national championship title in 2016.
Derrick Deshaun Watson
Gainesville, Hall County, Georgia, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Dwayne had attended Gainesville High School in his hometown, from 2010 to 2013. In 2014, he had joined Clemson University, a public university in South Carolina, and had represented their football team, Clemson Tigers, from 2014 to 2016. He had graduated from there with a degree in communication, in December 2016.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Don Richardson
- Mother – Deann Watson
- Siblings – Detrick Watson (Brother), Tyreke Watson (Brother), Tinisha Watson (Sister)
He is represented by –
- David Mulugheta, Manager and Booking Agent, Athletes First, Talent Management Agency, Austin, Texas, United States
- Bryan Burney, Marketing Agent, Athletes First, Talent Management Agency, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
4 – Houston Texans
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Deshaun has dated –
- Jilly Anais (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on both his arms
Christianity (Southern Baptist Convention)
Deshaun Watson Facts
- At Gainesville High School, Deshaun had earned a place in the starting lineup of their Red Elephants football team, in his freshman year itself. The team’s coach, Bruce Miller, had initially wanted to use a junior year student in the critical quarterback position but Deshaun’s skills had impressed him so much that Deshaun became the first freshman to have played as a quarterback in any of Miller’s teams. In his senior year, 2013, he was named a USA Today ‘High School All-American’.
- For his performances at Clemson University (2014-2016), he had won several accolades including the ‘Davey O’Brien Award’ (2015, 2016), the ‘Manning Award’ (2015, 2016), the ‘ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) Athlete of the Year’ award (2016, 2017), the ‘Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award’ (2016), the ‘ACC Player of the Year’ award (2015), and the ‘Best Male College Athlete ESPY (Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly) Award’ (2017). He was also the runner-up for the prestigious ‘Heisman Trophy’ in 2016.
- In 2017, he had donated an amount of approximately USD 27k, from his first NFL cheque to 3 cafeteria employees who used to work at the Houston Texans‘ NRG Stadium and who had been severely impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- As of January 2021, he was just 1 among 4 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL to have attained a career passer rating over 100. He was also the passing yards leader in the 2020 NFL season.
Featured Image by Deshaun Watson / Instagram