|Rana Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1957|
Rana Kapoor is an Indian banker, entrepreneur, and founder and former managing director and CEO of Yes Bank. He became the Ernst & Young‘s “Start-up Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2005.
New Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rana Kapoor studied at the Frank Anthony Public School located in New Delhi, India. Then, he got enrolled at the University of Delhi‘s Shri Ram College of Commerce and graduated from there with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1977.
Later on, Rana Kapoor joined Rutgers University, an American public research university in New Jersey, and received his MBA degree. He has also obtained an honorary fellowship from the All India Management Association (AIMA), President’s Medal from Rutgers University, and an honorary Ph.D. from GB Pant University of Agriculture&Technology.
Banker, Entrepreneur, Founder of Yes Bank
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rana Kapoor has dated –
- Bindu Kapoor – He is married to Bindu Kapoor and the duo parents 3 daughters, namely, Rakhee Kapoor Tandon, Roshini Kapoor, and Radha Kapoor.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Wears glasses
- Stocky frame
Rana Kapoor Facts
- He used to work as a management trainee at the Bank of America (BoA) which he joined in 1980.
- Rana Kapoor, along with Ashok Kapur and Harkirat Singh, established Yes Bank with the aim of “Building the Best Quality Bank of the world in India” by the year 2015.
- Bloomberg reported in January 2017 that Rana Kapoor had become a billionaire with the rising share price of Yes Bank.
- In 2019, he stepped down from his position as the CEO of Yes Bank and later it was reported by the Times of India that the Yes Bank share prices experienced a drop on 78%.
- Enforcement Directorate under Prevention of Money Laundering Act: PMLA registered a case against Rana Kapoor and he was arrested in March 2020. Kapoor and his family members were also charged by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) with a bribery and money-laundering case linked to Yes Bank. He was later arrested and held at Taloja Jail, Maharashtra. In April 2023, Rana was granted bail by a special PMLA court in Mumbai in the money laundering case.
Featured Image by World Economic Forum / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0