|Kina Grannis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.25 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1985|
Kina Grannis is an American singer, songwriter, and YouTuber known for releasing various popular songs like My Dear, Oh Father, When Will I Learn, and Gone. She has gathered more than 2 million subscribers on her YouTube channel and is one of the famous YouTubers. Kina also has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Kina Kasuya Grannis
Mission Viejo, California, United States
Kina went to Viejo Elementary School and Newhart Middle School till 1999. Then, she attended Capistrano Valley High School until 2003.
She later took admission in the University of Southern California, Los Angeles to get a degree in Social Sciences.
Singer, Songwriter, YouTuber
- Father – Gordon H Grannis (Chiropractor)
- Mother – Trish (Graphic Designer)
- Siblings – Misa (Sister), Emi (Sister)
- Others – Donald Frederick Grannis (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret “Peggy” Harriman (Paternal Grandmother), Raymond Ketsuyoshi Sugano (Maternal Grandfather)
Kina is represented by –
- Jonathan Kalter of The MGMT Company
- Joseph Mott, Booking Agent (North America), Creative Artists Agency
- Natasha Bent of The Agency Group
- KG Records
- One Haven (2010–2017)
- Independent (2009–2010)
- Interscope Records (2008)
5 ft 4.25 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kina Grannis has dated –
- Jesse Epstein (2003-Present) – Kina met Jesse in high school in 2003. They started dating and have collaborated many times. The couple tied the knot on August 31, 2013, in a private ceremony in California.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has Japanese ancestry on her mother’s side, while, on her father’s side, she has French, English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, Welsh, German, and Swiss-German roots.
- Short hair
- Arc-shaped eyebrows
Best Known For
Posting musical videos on her YouTube channel
Kina’s first album was Sincerely, Me. which was released on January 12, 2006.
In 2018, she made her theatrical film debut in Crazy Rich Asians.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on What’s Trending in August 2011.
Kina keeps herself fit by working out regularly. At times when she is on tours, she makes sure that her body gets enough movement.
Kina Grannis Facts
- She was asked to produce an album in college by the staff members of Thornton School of Music. The album was called Sincerely, Me. and released in 2006. She released 2 more albums in 2006 titled One More in the Attic and In Memory of the Singing Bridge.
- She has provided her vocals to songs such as My Dear, Oh Father, When Will I Learn, Gone, Dear River, and many more.
- In 2007, she recorded the song called Ours to Keep that featured regularly in the famous soap opera General Hospital.
- Kina created her YouTube account on November 14, 2007, and started posting her music videos. Her first YouTube video was of the song Message from Your Heart, which got an entry in the Doritos Crash the Super Bowl contest which she won and got her to be signed with Interscope Records in 2008.
- In 2009, she announced that she would be working as an independent artist.
- She has also been the part of several short films under Wong Fu Productions such as The Last and Single by 30.
- In April 2011, Kina started her first world tour called the World in Front of Me Tour followed by In Your Arms Tour.
- In November 2011, she made a guest appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Kina is a devoted Cancer research supporter and has performed for the cause several times.
- She has done charity work for foundations like the Leukemia Lymphoma Society and she also worked for the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami.
- Visit her official site @ kinagrannis.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by John Benson / Flickr / CC BY-2.0