|Juan Ríos Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Juan Ríos is a Mexican actor, writer, producer, and director. He is best known for his roles in TV series such as Para volver a amar (2010-2011) as Faber Esparza, El Señor de los Cielos (2013-2014) as General Daniel Jiménez Arroyo ‘El Letrudo’, and Lady Altagracia (2016-2020) as Rafael Cabral.
Juan Ríos Cantú
Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
He studied acting in Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico in 1994.
Actor, Writer, Director, Producer
- Mother – Inés
- Others – “Monillomex” (Cousin) (Psychologist, CEO of Minería Responsable Consultores, Actress), Bere (Niece), Pedrito (Nephew), Tamara (Niece), Julio (Nephew), Isabela (Niece)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
He has also dyed his hair ‘Black’ in the past.
Due to advancing age, his har has turned ‘Salt & Pepper’.
Juan Ríos has endorsed brands such as Moshi Moshi and Rappi México.
Juan Ríos Favorite Things
- Painter – Frida Kahlo
- Restaurant In Reynosa – Doña Tota Gorditas
- Fruit – Pear
- Fizzy Drink Brands – Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper Cola
Juan Ríos Facts
- In 1992, his written work won 1st place at the First Christmas Story Contest organized by the Autonomous University of Tamaulipas. That year, he almost decided to start studying Philosophy instead of pursuing acting.
- After he graduated from an acting school, he moved to Mexico City, Mexico to pursue a career as an actor and never left.
- He described the look he rocked in 2008 as “very ’70s”.
- When he landed a role as Ignacio Cabello in the TV series Infames (2012), Juan got very interested in politics. He was particularly focused on observing and analyzing politicians’ body language, intonation, and cadence. In the end, Juan concluded that while there was a lot of corruption, honest politicians who care about citizen welfare still existed.
- His co-stars in the Netflix-produced TV series El Club (The Club) in 2019 were Alejandro Speitzer, Minnie West, Arcelia Ramirez, Aurora Gil, Alejandro Puente, Estrella Solís, Nacho Tahhan, Aldo Escalante, and Mar Carrera.
- Juan has been known to post n*de but censored photos to his social media. When asked for the reason, he jokingly replied “promotion!”
- He has tried various drugs and liked to smoke marijuana occasionally.
- He also experimented with ayahuasca when he traveled to Peru and Brazil. The drug trip affected him for around 80 hours afterward. Juan stated it felt like “an emotional purge” where he “reconnected with the universe” and saw “the infinity inside himself.”
- Juan is a big animal lover and has 4 dogs named Ramona (Negro), Chapo, Elton, and Rigo, and a cat named Larry “Tittino” Titti. He also had a dog named Janis who passed away in May 2019.
- Juan knows how to prepare sushi.
- His signature dish is fried rice with asparagus, accompanied by Itto sauce and tuna. In his words, “you don’t fall in love with me until you’ve tried it!”
- Juan has done yoga and cycling to stay in shape and improve flexibility and endurance.
Featured Image by Juan Ríos / Instagram