|Julia Marino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1997|
Julia Marino is an American snowboarder who came into prominence after bagging the silver medal for women’s slopestyle at the 2022 Winter Olympics. Julia has amassed more than 50k followers on Instagram.
Yonkers, New York, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jeremy Langevin – She has been in a relationship with snowboarder Jeremy Langevin.
Race / Ethnicity
- Birthmark under her left eye
- Sharp features
- Tattoos on her body
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Mountain Dew.
Julia Marino Favorite Things
- Pastime – Being with her friends, Listening to music while dancing and singing along to the songs
- Dish Provided To The Athletes Who Participated In The 2022 Winter Olympics – Dumplings that had become her go-to food
Source – NBCS Sports
Julia Marino Facts
- She hails from Westport, Connecticut.
- She has competed in the Slopestyle as well as the Big Air disciplines.
- Julia has stated that she began skiing on family vacations when she was only 3 years old. She lived near New York City in Connecticut, which was not a very mountainous area and so she would visit Colorado once every year. Although she had tried snowboarding a few times, she had never been into it seriously, having preferred skiing as everyone in her family did it. When she was at Beaver Creek at the age of 12, she had broken her ski, after which her father refused to rent her a new pair, that had compelled her to focus on snowboarding for the rest of her trip.
- She had participated in the 2017 X Games and had made a name for herself by becoming the first female snowboarder to bag 2 medals in the same X Games in 17 years.
- Marino has recalled that it had been an exhilarating experience to hold as many as 8 podiums in the 2017-2018 competition season. She had no true idea what was happening as being into snowboarding in that way had not been her goal when she was younger, and she had been splitting time snowboarding with competitive soccer until she turned 17 years old. She had even got a scholarship to play Division I soccer when she was forced to choose between that and snowboarding. After the grand success at X Games, she decided to go with snowboarding as she found it to be a lot of fun.
- She has pointed out that even though snowboarding seems to be individual, there is the US Team and she has all her friends that she has ridden with, who all have been the most supportive of each other. She has seen that snowboarding is more of a team sport than people think as friends are always rooting for the snowboarder, that has led her to consider that having friends in snowboarding is a truly important thing.
- Julia has never followed any ritual before competing. She has, instead, only watched TV and gone to bed and then woken up the next morning, suddenly realizing that she has to compete.
- Julia has disclosed that she has never been good at dealing with the pressure to perform and has often wondered how that has not driven her insane. She has deemed it indispensable to be around her buddies when in a stressful situation, that has taken her mind off of everything and kept her from overthinking.
Featured Image by Julesssss / Instagram