|Julia Perez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Julia Perez was an Indonesian actress, dangdut singer, model, announcer, and businesswoman who was known for taking bold stands against regressive ideas and stereotypes. She was a flourishing artist who appeared in various on-screen projects including Gending Sriwijaya, Merry Riana: Mimpi Sejuta Dolar, Arwah Goyang Jupe-Depe, Caleg By Accident, Superboy, Supergirl, Mimpi Manis, Duyung Kembar Ketemu Tuyul, and Hidayah.
Julia Perez, Jupe
She was born on July 15, 1980.
Julia Perez died of Stage 4 cervical cancer on June 10, 2017, at the age of 36 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Julia Perez attended InterStudi Secretarial Academy in Jakarta. Later, she studied at Universitas Bung Karno and graduated with a Sarjana Hukum (Bachelor of Law) in 2015.
Actress, Dangdut Singer, Model, Announcer, Businesswoman
- Father – Angkasa Djaya (Played football for a club in Bandar Lampung city)
- Mother – Sri Wulansih (Played women’s football for Caprina Cijantung Club in Jakarta)
- Siblings – Della Wulan Astreani (Younger Sister), Nia Anggia (Younger Sister)
- Others – Sakib ‘Sammy’ Mahri (Stepfather) (Owner of a welding business and rental properties)
Her music was released via Falcon Music.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Perez had dated –
- Damien Perez (2002-2010) – She got married to the French model Damien Perez on October 7, 2002. She suffered a miscarriage in 2007 and after being together for a couple of years, the duo divorced in 2010.
- Gaston Castano (2009-2016) – After dating for a few years, Julia Perez married Argentine soccer player Gaston Castaño on September 26, 2013, in Sydney, Australia. They divorced on May 12, 2016, and she was awarded alimony of Rp15 million per month.
Race / Ethnicity
Julia Perez was of Sunda and Betawi descent.
- Charming personality
- Pentagonal face
Julia Perez Facts
- She was still a child when her parents separated and divorced. So, her mother worked several odd jobs to provide for the family.
- Her birth father got arrested in 2012 for possession of drugs.
- The clerics from Indonesia’s top Muslim authority, Indonesia Ulema Council (MUI), often accused Julia Perez of being too s*xy or “p*rnographic” for the national audience.
- Her debut studio album, Kamasutra, was released in 2008.
- As she assaulted Dewi Persik during a cat-fight on the set of the horror film Arwah Goyang Karawang (The Dancing Spirit of Karawang), she was sentenced to 3 months in jail with 6 months probation by East Jakarta District Court on October 11, 2011.
- Her chicken fast-food chain called Jupe Fried Chicken (JFC) came to existence in 2012.
- In 2013, Julia Perez was cast as Malini in the film titled Gending Sriwijaya and this role won her many accolades including the 2013 Maya Awards for “Best Actress in a Leading Role” and 2013 Bandung Film Festival for “Best Film Leading Actress”.
- She revealed that she had been diagnosed with Stage 2 cervical cancer in 2014.
Featured Image by Julia Perez / Instagram