|Julia Volkova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1985|
Julia Volkova is a Russian singer and actress known for releasing popular songs like All Because of You and Back to Her Future. She gained stardom after debuting as a member of the girl band t.A.T.u. along with Lena Katina. She enjoys mild fandom on her social media accounts with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter. Julia also has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 30k subscribers.
Yulia Olegovna Volkova
Volk, Volchonok, Yulka
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
- Father – Oleg Volkov (Businessman)
- Mother – Larissa Volkova (Hairdresser)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Victor Stepanovich Volkov (Paternal Grandfather), Elizaveta Romanovna Volkova (Paternal Grandmother), Kristina Trost (Older Paternal Half-Sister)
Pop, Rock, Electronica
- T.A. Music
- Gala Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Volkova has dated –
- Pavel Sidorov – Julia dated Pavel Sidorov for quite a duration. When she announced her pregnancy with Pavel’s child in May 2004, a major stir was created in the media as Pavel was already married and even had a daughter. Later, Julia gave birth to her daughter Viktoria Pavlovna “Vika” Volkova on September 23, 2004. The relationship between the couple could not survive and was soon dissolved.
- Parviz Yasinov – Julia dated businessman Parviz Yasinov for a couple of years. It was also rumored that the couple got married in 2007. Later, Julia gave birth to their son Samir on December 27, 2007. Parviz and Julia broke up in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian ancestry.
She dyed her hair ‘black’ before the debut of her ex-band t.A.T.u.
- Yells and screams during her performances
- Qwirky hairstyles
Julia claimed in an interview that she converted to Islam in 2010.
In 2017, it was revealed that she again converted to Orthodoxy.
Best Known For
Having served as one of the members of the Russian girl duo t.A.T.u. along with Lena Katina
Julia released her first studio album, 200 Po Vstrechnoy (200 По Встречной), as a member of the band t.A.T.u. in May 2001.
As a solo artist, she made her singing debut by releasing the single All Because of You in 2011.
In 2011, she made her theatrical film debut in You and I.
First TV Show
In 1996, Julia made her TV show debut on Yeralash.
Julia Volkova Facts
- She used to take piano lessons during her early years.
- Julia was a member of Neposedi, Russia’s children’s chorus when she was 9.
- She met Lena Katina through Neposedi.
- Julia has often said that she was banned from Neposedi for her misbehavior.
- In June 2011, she signed a solo contract with Gala Records.
- In August 2012, Julia released her worldwide debut single titled Didn’t Wanna Do It.
- She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2012. During a surgery related to the disease, Julia almost lost her voice as her laryngeal nerve was damaged. It cost her 3 surgeries to recover from the damage.
- Julia created quite an outrage with her homophobic comments as she claimed that men had no right to be gay and they must remain men. Moreover, she also said that lesbians are agreeable because they look aesthetic and nice.
- There was a non-confirmed speculation by the media that Julia suffered from postpartum depression in 2008 after the birth of her son, Samir.
- In April 2021, Julia announced that she was standing in the September 2021 Russian legislative elections as the United Russia Party candidate. However, she received only 919 votes and eventually lost to Mikhail Kizeev, who received more than 36,000 votes.
- Follow Julia on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Okras / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0