CF Queen Ji-hyun, Gianna Jun
Seoul, South Korea
Jun Ji-hyun went to the Dongguk University. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the university. She later got enrolled in master’s degree course in Graduate School of Digital Media and Contents at Dongguk University.
- Father – Wang Jung-Chuck
- Mother – Muk Chang-ae
- Siblings – Wang Sang-Jin (Brother)
Jun Ji-hyun is represented by –
- iHQ (1997-2010)
- Culture Depot (Her own management company)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jun Ji-hyun has dated –
- Choi Joon-hyuk (2012-Present) – Jun got married to Choi Joon-hyuk, a banker at Bank of America on April 13, 2012, in a lavish wedding ceremony held at Shilla Hotel in Seoul. In February 2016, she gave birth to their first son. She was pregnant during the shooting of the movie, Assassination. In January 2018, she gave birth to her second son.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Korean ancestry.
- Tall height
- Full lips
- Cute smile
Jun Ji-hyun has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Samsung Printer
- BHC Chicken
- Suecomma Bonnie
- Shinsegae Duty-Free
- CJ Cheil Jedang
- Stonehenge Jewelry
Best Known For
- Having played the female lead in the romantic comedy movie, My Sassy Girl. The movie was remade by Hollywood with Elisha Cuthbert and Jesse Bradford in the lead roles.
- Being cast in the lead roles in successful movies such as Windstruck, The Thieves, The Berlin File, and Assassination.
- Having played important roles in popular TV shows such as The Legend of the Blue Sea and My Love from the Star.
In 1999, she made her theatrical film debut in the Korean romantic movie, White Valentine.
First TV Show
In 1999, Jun Ji-hyun made her first TV show appearance in the family drama TV series, Happy Together.
However, she is not a big fan of following any particular diet. But, she does make it a point to drink a lot of water throughout the day.
Jun Ji-hyun Facts
- In 2015, the Forbes magazine placed her on the 4th spot on their Korean Power Celebrity list. In 2016, she was placed on the 8th spot.
- While growing up, she wanted to become a flight attendant. However, her plane flight experience made her rethink her dream.
- She was often encouraged by her mother and her mother’s friends to become a model or actress as they felt her tall and slim figure was perfect for the profession.
- When she was 16 years old, she was introduced by her high school friend to a photographer.
- She got her first big breakthrough as a model after she was featured on the cover of Ecole Magazine in 1997.
- In 2006, she filed a lawsuit against monthly movie magazine Screen for having used her pictures without her permission.
- A private detective identified as Kim was arrested in 2009 by the Seoul Metropolitan Police for having cloned her phone illegally. In his testimony, he claimed that cloning was ordered by iHQ as they wanted to control all aspects of her life.
- In 2011, she started her own management company named J&Co. Entertainment. She decided to later rename it as Culture Depot.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by stay in memory / stay in memory / CC BY-2.0 KR