|Jung Jae-young Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1970|
Jung Jae-young is a South Korean actor who at a young age rose to the top of the ranks amongst other great actors. His career which began in the late 1990s climbed to the top only a few years after. Jung Jae-young has acted in several movies and television shows and still remains brilliant on screen. He is known for his excellent acting in movies such as Silmido (2003), Undeground (2006), The Divine Weapon (2008), The Fatal Encounter (2014), Right Now, Wrong Then (2015), On the Beach at Night Alone (2017) and The Odd Family: Zombie on Sale (2019). He has also played roles in television series since 2015 including Assembly (2015), Duel (2017), and Partners for Justice (2018).
Jung Jae-young is an award-winning actor who has earned lots of accolades for his works in films. Some of them include the “Best Actor” and “Best Supporting Actor” awards at the Busan Film Critics Awards, Blue Dragon Film Awards, Director’s Cut Awards, Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, Asia Pacific Screen Awards, and at the Locarno International Film Festival. Jung Jae-young is still going forward in the entertainment industry and is trying more diverse roles in films, establishing the fact that he is not only a good actor but an excellent one.
Jeong Jae-yeong, Jung Jae-young
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Jung Jae-young attended Seoul Institute of the Arts (SeoulArts) in Ansan, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
Jung Jae-young is managed by My Name is Entertainment (Creative Artist Agency), South Korea.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jung Jae-young has dated –
- Kim Jeong-eun (1998-Present) – Jung Jae-young got married to Kim Jeong-eun in 1998. They have 2 sons together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
Little facial hairs
Jung Jae-young hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Hang Sang-pil in Silmido (2003)
- Portraying the character Kim Dae-chul in My Captain, Mr. Underground (2006)
- His role as Kim Sang-nam in Glove (2011) and Tae Gun-ho in Countdown (2011)
- Acting as Ham Chun-su in Right Now, Wrong Then (2015)
- Taking the role of Myung-soo in a critically acclaimed film On the Beach at Night Alone in 2017
Jung Jae-young made his theatrical film debut in the movie Uribanul chasubnida in 1990.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Jing Sang-pil in 2015 on the television show Assembly.
Jung Jae-young Facts
- Like many other actors, Jung Jae-young began his career by taking on small movie roles before he became widely known.
- His favorite director is Jang Jin, who he mostly works with in creating movies and mini-series. Some of these movies include The Happenings and The Spy.
- In his 1st prominent film, he played the role of a member of the film’s central quartet of assassins.
- Acting in the romantic comedy film, Someone Special in 2004 provided him with his 1st lead role.
- He has acted in very different types of movies with varying genres thus proving his excellence and has received many awards such as Busan Film Critics Awards, Blue Dragon Film Awards, Director’s Cut Awards, Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, etc. for his works onscreen.
- He doesn’t seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image by News star / YouTube / CC BY-3.0