Jasmeet Singh Raina
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
After the completion of his high school studies, JusReign got enrolled at the University of Guelph. He had got enrolled in a college to study to become a doctor. However, as his YouTube career took off, he decided to drop out of his studies to become a YouTuber.
However, he holds a graduate degree in marketing.
Comedian, Actor, YouTube Personality
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Anmol Singh Raina (Younger Sister)
JusReign handles his representation work on his own.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
JusReign has largely remained silent while talking about his personal life. He rarely speaks about his dating status while interacting with fans on social media and due to this, it is difficult to ascertain anything about his love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi descent.
- His well-groomed beard and mustache
- Wears a flat turban
JusReign has used his immense social media following to earn generous endorsement fees. He often promotes his products by featuring such products in his videos and other social media posts.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular social media personalities of the Punjabi descent. He has more than 1 million subscribers on YouTube. He also has more than 750k followers on his Instagram account.
- His immense popularity on the social media app Vine. He managed to earn more than 1 billion loops on his content.
- Being cast in an important role in the Punjabi comedy movie, 22G Tussi Ghaint Ho, which had popular comedian and Punjabi politician Bhagwant Mann in the lead role.
In 2015, he made his theatrical film debut in the political satire movie, 22G Tussi Ghaint Ho.
JusReign Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Bhagwant Mann, Seth MacFarlane, Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, and Bob Odenkirk
- Vegetable – Eggplant
- Singer – Pammi Bai
Source – Huffington Post, YouTube
- At the age of 5, his father got him enrolled in classes with a maestro to study classical Indian music. He had especially learned how to play tabla. However, he hated his classical music lessons and had a difficult time with his teacher. He has revealed in his interviews that once his teacher threw a tabla at him.
- JusReign started creating his YouTube videos at the age of 19. He was watching a lot of YouTube videos and had realized that you could build a huge audience without the support of any big corporation.
- He officially started his YouTube channel in July 2009 and since then, he has managed to gain more than 150 million views on his videos.
- While studying in high school, he often used to create short movies with his close friends.
- He shot his first YouTube video in his bedroom. He had shot the video using the Photo Booth application and used iMovie to edit the video.
- JusReign got his first breakthrough on the YouTube with his Desi Parents and video series, in which he recounted his different childhood memories.
- He has revealed in his interviews that he was the only Asian kid in his school.
- His family had moved to Canada even before India had become an independent and sovereign nation.
- He is considered one of the original content creators of the popular Toronto-based YouTube channel network, Much Digital Studios.
- In February 2016, he was ordered by TSA agents to remove his turban at the airport in San Francisco. He was due to board a flight to Toronto. He later took to his social media account to slam the TSA agents for cultural and religious insensitivity. JusReign had asked them to provide a mirror so that he could reapply his turban in private but they refused and asked him to go all the way across the terminal to a public restroom with his head uncovered.
- JusReign is a long-term supporter of Jagmeet Singh, who has served as the leader of the New Democratic Party. He has played a key role in many of his election campaigns and is very close to him. He was even present at his wedding in 2018.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.
Featured Image by JusReign / Instagram