|K. Michelle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1982|
Since she started her music career in 2009, K. Michelle has become a mainstream music artist. Her albums have managed to rank very highly on the several music charts and her music videos on the YouTube have raked in millions of views. However, it is just not her work as a music artist that keeps her in news, she has earned a lot of attention for her antics in a number of reality TV shows too. Her colorful and controversial love life has also helped her grab a lot of eyeballs.
Kimberly Michelle Pate
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Kimberly Michelle went to the Overton High School. After graduating from high school in 2000, she got admission at Florida A&M University (FAMU) on a music scholarship. She had impressed with her yodeling at the scholarship audition. She completed her university studies with honors and had admission offers from top law schools but she decided to focus on her music.
Singer, Songwriter, Television Personality
- Siblings – Shalah Pate (Younger Sister)
Kimberly Michelle is represented by Blue Alley Touring.
Atlantic, Jive, RCA Records
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kimberly Michelle has dated
- Brian – Michelle was in a relationship with Brian while she was studying at the Florida A&M University. She even got pregnant during the course of their relationship and had to suspend her studies to give birth to her son, Chase in September 2004. Their relationship didn’t last long and Brian eventually got married to Michelle’s sorority sister.
- Chad Johnson – Kimberly has often changed her statement when asked about her past equation with former NFL player, Chad Johnson (also known as Chad Ochocinco). On some occasions, she has claimed that Johnson tried to woo her by offering to buy her new shoes. She has also claimed that she turned him down because he didn’t inspire her to write songs about him. In her chat with Necole Bitchie, she went to describe his tool in pretty graphic manner. She claimed that the sheer size of his manhood put her off from having sexual relations with him.
- Shad Moss – During her stint in the reality TV show Love & Hip Hop, Michelle was reported to have had an affair with rapper and actor, Shad Moss, who is also known by his stage name Bow Wow.
- Mickey Wright (2008-2009) – In early months of 2008, Michelle started going out with Mickey Wright, better known as Memphitz. Michelle decided to end their relationship in the summer of 2009. It was later revealed that Wright had physically assaulted Michelle. It was also alleged that he had spent her money to buy jewelry. She made these revelations during her appearance on the TV show, Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. Wright decided to file a defamation lawsuit against Michelle claiming that she had slandered his name by making false accusations. However, he eventually lost the lawsuit and himself accepted that he had hit her while they were staying in a Memphis hotel.
- Ryan Lochte (2012) – At the end of the summer of 2012, Michelle was linked with the Olympic swimmer, Ryan Lochte. It was revealed that they had been good friends for quite a long time and had decided to give dating a try. Some sources claimed that they had been dating since April 2011. It was later claimed that they had broken up as he felt she wasn’t good for his public image. She later confirmed their relationship with a New Year’s Eve video on her official Instagram account.
- J. R. Smith (2012) – In August 2012, Michelle started going out with the basketball player, J. R. Smith. They made their relationship public with a very public display of their hands-on affection in the nightclubs and on the social media. But their relationship didn’t last long as he dumped her publicly with a statement on Twitter. She later slammed him for being a bad person and insisted that he had used her.
- Lance Stephenson (2013) – In 2013, Michelle went out with basketball player Lance Stephenson. However, their relationship didn’t last long as she found out that he was also seeing his baby mama and had even got her pregnant with another child. She also felt that he wasn’t mature enough for her.
- R. Kelly (2013) – K. Michelle has been linked with fellow singer R. Kelly on numerous occasions, right from the start of her music career. She has often called him her mentor but often it has been alleged that he did become more than a mentor on a couple of occasions. In August 2013, he hinted that they had a sexual encounter after a show during the Single Ladies Tour. He claimed that she was single and they got very drunk and he didn’t remember much after that. But he was told by his crew in the morning that he had a good time. She also subtly talked about their romantic equation in her single, Build a Man.
- Idris Elba (2013-2014) – Kimberly started going out with English actor Idris Elba towards the end of 2013. They had met at the Soul Train Awards and hit it off instantly. However, their eight-month-long relationship ended in a controversy as he decided to leave her for the women he was having children with. She later revealed that when she met him, she knew that he had another woman but she didn’t know they were still involved. When she realized that there was a newborn child involved in the situation, she decided to step aside.
- Meek Mill (2014) – Michelle was reported to be involved with rapper Meek Mill while he was lending some helping hand for her album, Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart? in 2014. A song was even taken off her album because Mill’s then-girlfriend Nicki Minaj also felt that she was sleeping with Mill for the song. She had indirectly made these allegations in a series of tweets as she didn’t name Mill and Minaj.
- Chris Johnson (2014) – Michelle had a short-lived relationship with NFL player, Chris Johnson in 2014. Their romantic dalliance only lasted a couple of months and she confirmed their relationship with her Instagram video which she posted during the 2015 New Year’s Eve. She had posted Boyz II Men’s version of the sad song, It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday and had featured men she had dated in the past in the video.
- Bobby Maze (2014-2015) – Michelle started dating basketball star Bobby Maze in 2014. During the course of their relationship, she even got pregnant. But in February 2015, she decided to dump him. She had realized that he had lied to her about his four baby mamas. She also felt that he wasn’t there with her at the start of pregnancy. She also decided to undergo an abortion. Later, it was revealed that all the jewelry he had gifted her was fake as well.
- LeSean McCoy (2016) – In the summer of 2016, Michelle had a very short-lived relationship with NFL star, LeSean McCoy. However, it seems that their relationship ended in a messy way. In her interview with Hollywood Unlocked in August 2018, she insulted him by claiming that he had a very small manhood and didn’t last long in the bed as well.
Race / Ethnicity
She likes experimenting with other hair colors such as ‘Red’ and ‘Auburn’.
Kimberly Michelle has used her social media popularity to earn lucrative endorsement deals. She has promoted the following products and brands through her social media posts –
- Jack Daniel’s
- Fashion Nova
- D Hair Boutique
- Sea Lily Malibu
- Jessica Rich Collection
As part of her endorsement deal with Jack Daniel’s, she has received rights to create her own signature drink.
She is a devout Christian and credits her faith for everything she has achieved in life. In fact, she carries a Bible in her purse.
Best Known For
- The critical acclaim garnered by her studio album, Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart? The album also went on to sell over 87,000 units within a week of release. The Billboard recognized it as the best-selling R&B album of 2014.
- The commercial success of her album, More Issues Than Vogue, which made its debut on Billboard 200 on the 2nd spot
- Having appeared in reality TV shows such as Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta and K. Michelle: My Life
In August 2013, she released her debut studio album, Rebellious Soul. The album sold 72,000 copies within a week of release and reached the 2nd position on the Billboard 200.
First TV Show
In November 2010, Kimberly Michelle made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, The Mo’Nique Show.
K. Michelle Favorite Things
- Food – Hamburgers and French Fries
- Skincare Brand – Dr. Lancer’s
- Skincare Product – Bond No. 9’s Chinatown liquid body silk lotion
- Headphones – Monster Diamond Tears headphones
- Sweets – Honey Bun treat and Tootsie Rolls
- Artist To Work With – R. Kelly
- Idol – The Dixie Chicks
- Dream Collaboration – Rascal Flatts
Source – Hip Hop Wired, US Magazine, Wiz Nation
K. Michelle Facts
- She has launched her exclusive collection of lifestyle and decor items under the label of Kimberly’s Favorites.
- She was caught up in a bit of tiff with Lil’ Kim after she claimed that Kim had asked her to be the godmother of her newborn Royal Reign. However, these claims were disputed by Kim.
- While growing up, she took piano and guitar lessons. She also took formal voice lessons from Bob Westbrook, who has also trained popular singers such as Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.
- While studying at the Florida A&M University (FAMU), she was declared the Freshman Attendant of the Homecoming Court at the age of 18.
- At the university, she was a member of Delta Sigma Theta sorority. She had pledged FAMU’s Beta Alpha chapter in 2001.
- She started her music career in 2009 after having signed a record deal with Jive Records.
- While working with Jive Records, she had collaborated with established artists such as Gucci Mane, Akon, Usher, Trina, and Missy Elliott for her debut project, which was titled as Pain Medicine. However, the album was scrapped after she decided to leave Jive.
- In November 2013, she started her music tour which was called Rebellious Soul Tour. The tour started in San Francisco and ended in Boston in December 2013.
- In February 2014, Robin Thicke brought her in for the North American dates of his Blurred Lines Tour.
- She got her first big breakthrough with the success of her single, Fakin It. Although the single barely broke into the top 100 of US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, it generated enough buzz to help grab attention for her new releases.
- Visit her official website @ thekmichelle.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by K. Michelle / Instagram