|Karolína Muchová Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1996|
Karolína Muchová is a Czech professional tennis player who came into the spotlight when she defeated the then-World No. 12 and 2-time Grand Slam champion Garbiñe Muguruza in the second round of the 2018 US Open. She reached the last-8 of a Grand Slam event for the first time in her career at the 2019 Wimbledon Championships after causing an upset in the 4th round where she defeated compatriot and the then-World No. 3 Karolína Plíšková. Karolína broke into the Top-25 of the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) singles rankings in October 2019.
Olomouc, Moravia, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Josef Mucha (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Hana Muchová
- Siblings – Filip Mucha (Brother)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Czech descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Karolína has been sponsored by –
- Head N.V.
Karolína Muchová Facts
- She was inspired to pursue sports by her father who was a professional soccer player. She began playing tennis from the age of 7.
- When she defeated Garbiñe Muguruza in the 2nd round of the 2018 US Open, it was Karolína’s main-draw debut at not just the US Open but at any of the 4 Grand Slam events. It was also her first win against a player ranked in the Top-100.
- When she reached the final of the 2019 Prague Open, she broke into the Top-100 of the WTA rankings for the first time.
- Her breakthrough victory, against compatriot Karolína Plíšková, in the 4th round of the 2019 Wimbledon Championships was a long drawn out affair. The match lasted more than 3 hours as Muchová won by the margin of 13–11 in the final set tiebreaker. The win made her the first player, since Li Na in 2006, to reach the last-8 stage of Wimbledon on main-draw debut.
- She won her first WTA title at the 2019 Korea Open.
Featured Image by Karolína Muchová / Instagram