|Karolína Muchová Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1996|
Karolína Muchová is a Czech professional tennis player who came into the spotlight when she defeated the then-World No. 12 and 2-time Grand Slam champion Garbiñe Muguruza in the second round of the 2018 US Open. She reached the last-8 of a Grand Slam event for the first time in her career at the 2019 Wimbledon Championships after causing an upset in the 4th round where she defeated compatriot and the then-World No. 3 Karolína Plíšková. Karolína broke into the Top-25 of the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) singles rankings in October 2019.
Olomouc, Moravia, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Josef Mucha (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Hana Muchová
- Siblings – Filip Mucha (Brother)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Czech descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Karolína has been sponsored by –
- Head N.V.
Karolína Muchová Facts
- She was inspired to pursue sports by her father who was a professional soccer player. She began playing tennis from the age of 7.
- When she defeated Garbiñe Muguruza in the 2nd round of the 2018 US Open, it was Karolína’s main-draw debut at not just the US Open but at any of the 4 Grand Slam events. It was also her first win against a player ranked in the Top-100.
- When she reached the final of the 2019 Prague Open, she broke into the Top-100 of the WTA rankings for the first time.
- Her breakthrough victory, against compatriot Karolína Plíšková, in the 4th round of the 2019 Wimbledon Championships was a long drawn out affair. The match lasted more than 3 hours as Muchová won by the margin of 13–11 in the final set tiebreaker. The win made her the first player, since Li Na in 2006, to reach the last-8 stage of Wimbledon on main-draw debut.
- She won her first WTA title at the 2019 Korea Open.
Featured Image by Karolína Muchová / Instagram
Im Asela Suka a south pacific man now lived in Auckland New Zealand; I think Muchova is the most beautiful tennis player ever, and she is a very very good tennis player just keep going with the way you play now, little faith in yourself, and pray Jesus he will bless your talents. Good luck in your careers, and start winning titles, masters and grand slams, you can do it.