|Karolína Plíšková Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1992|
Karolína Plíšková is a Czech professional tennis player who won the girls’ singles event at the 2010 Australian Open and peaked at world No. 11 in the doubles rankings on October 31, 2016. She is a former world No. 1 in singles, reaching the top of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings on July 17, 2017, and holding the position for 8 weeks. Her other achievements include having won 16 singles and 5 doubles titles on the WTA tour, 10 singles and 6 doubles titles on the ITF Circuit, and over $20 million in prize money. Moreover, she has reached two Grand Slam singles finals at the 2016 US Open and the 2021 Wimbledon Championships.
Louny, Czechoslovakia (later Czech Republic)
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two Handed-Backhand)
- Father – Radek Plisek
- Mother – Martina Plíšková
- Siblings – Kristyna Plíšková (Twin Sister, 2 Minutes Older) (Professional Tennis Player)
Karolína Plíšková has been represented by the Women’s Tennis Association, Association, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
KarolínaPlíšková has dated –
- Michal Hrdlicka – Karolína has been in a relationship with Michal Hrdlicka in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoos on her left arm and left leg (Upper quadriceps)
- Blonde hair
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Plíšková has signed sponsorship deals with FILA, Isostar, Babolat, Eurovia, Skupina Cez, CarTec Group, Trinecke Zelezarny, Octagon, Sport Towers, and others.
Best Known For
Reaching the finals at the 2016 US Open Grand Slam tournament eventually falling to the German Angelique Kerber in 3 sets (6-3, 4-6, 6-4).
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches itself, Karolína was first seen in the sports-based TV show Aegon International as herself.
Plíšková has trained with Jiri Vanek on her skills, and she hired Martin Nosko and Ivan Trebaticka for her physical preparation.
Karolína Plíšková Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta
- Movie – Public Enemies (2009)
- Surface – Hard
Source – WTAtennis.com, ITFTennis.com
Karolína Plíšková Facts
- Karolína started her tennis journey at the age of 4.
- She enjoys fishing, listening to music, and watching movies.
- She often read books written by Paulo Coelho.
- Like her sister, Karolína also represented the Czech tennis club Sparta Praha.
- Plíšková’s playing style is aggressively backed up with a powerful and precise serve.
- She achieved her first WTA title at the 2013 Malaysian Open.
- Plíšková first performed in a senior Grand Slam tournament at the 2012 French Open.
- Plíšková had reached the finals of the Wimbledon 2021 but got defeated by Ashleigh Barty.