|Kate Albrecht Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1983|
Kate Albrecht is an American YouTuber, actress, writer, and entrepreneur who is well-known for the success of her lifestyle brand Mr. Kate. Known among her fans as a creative weirdo, she has dabbled in different artistic avenues like home decor, DIY, jewelry making, as well as beauty and style. Her YouTube show OMG We’re Coming Over, featuring amazing home decor makeovers in a shoestring budget, are some of the most popular videos on her channel. Kate’s fan base has reached around 4 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 900k followers on Instagram. She is happily married to Joey Zehr since 2013.
Kate MacKenzie Albrecht
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kate received her education from a Waldorf School, which is founded on the principles of Rudolph Steiner and emphasizes on developing a student’s artistic, academic, and practical skills with a holistic approach to education.
Later, she attended Loyola Marymount University and received a graduate degree in Film Production. While in college, she also studied theater and took an elective class in jewelry making.
YouTuber, Actress, Designer, Writer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Chris Albrecht (Former CEO of the HBO channel)
- Mother – Annie Albrecht (Actress)
- Siblings – Tess Albrecht (Younger Sister) (Interior Designer)
- Others – Montana Coady (Ex Stepmom), Tina Trahan (Stepmom)
Kate is represented by ICM Partners in California.
5 ft or 152.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Albrecht has dated –
- Joey Zehr (2007-Present) – Kate and Joey Zehr met in 2007 during the shoot of the film Taking 5. Joey was a part of the boy band The Click Five and was cast in the film along with his bandmates. The two fell in love right away and soon after became business partners with Joey taking on the role of COO in the company Mr. Kate. The couple got married in 2013 and traveled to Bora Bora for their honeymoon. On June 10, 2019, they became parents to a baby boy named Moon.
- Before meeting Joey, Kate had 2 other boyfriends whose names were Jared and Johnny.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Dimpled smile
- A triangle tattoo on her arm
Kate has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Living Spaces
- Calico Wallpaper
- Uber Eats
Best Known For
Being the founder of the lifestyle brand Mr. Kate, which she runs with her husband Joey Zehr, since 2009
Kate made her theatrical film debut in the 2004 comedy The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement as a French citizen.
First TV Show
In 2003, Kate made her TV show debut as the Girl on TRL in the romantic comedy series S*x and the City.
Kate Albrecht Favorite Things
- Movie – Some Like It Hot (1959)
- Exercise – Yoga
- Soup – Country-Style Miso Soup (From the Real Food Daily restaurant in Los Angeles), Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup
- Vegetable – Okra
- Sandwich – Vegan Reuben sandwich
- Restaurant In Los Angeles – M Cafe
Kate Albrecht Facts
- Kate’s creative projects involving DIY, interior design, and lifestyle tips have been featured on The Nate Berkus Show, NBC’s Today, and Home Made Simple.
- Her lifestyle brand Mr. Kate, which was launched in 2009, has received numerous accolades such as a Webby Award and a W3 Award for her excellent work in the online sphere.
- She chose the brand name Mr. Kate to reflect a blend of traditional masculine elements in the context of feminine designs and aesthetics like jewelry.
- She also designs a jewelry line under her brand name which includes necklaces, rings, bracelets, ear cuffs, and many more. Her clientele includes Hollywood celebrities like Vanessa Hudgens, Hilary Duff, Reese Witherspoon, etc.
- Kate was named as an “It Girl” by W Magazine and Condé Nast described her as a “Creative Innovator.”
- Her parents got divorced in 2000, after 19 years of marriage.
- Kate has 2 cats; one of which is named Winston.
- Her father Chris’s 2nd wife Montana Coady is actually 4 years younger to Kate. They both met when the YouTuber was 14 and she used to babysit the then 11-year old Coady. As a result, Kate refused to attend their wedding in 2011. Unsurprisingly, the marriage lasted less than 4 years.
- She released her debut book A Hot Glue Gun Mess: Funny Stories and Pretty Projects in 2015.
- Kate had mentioned in her book that she had a one night stand with Tiger Woods in the past.
- Visit her official website @ mrkate.com.
- Follow Kate Albrecht on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Kate Albrecht / Instagram