|Katheryn Winnick Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1977|
Katheryn Winnick is a Canadian actress and martial artist known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like Vikings, Amusement and A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, and Law & Order. She has done endorsement work for various brands like Raymond Weil. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 800k followers on Facebook.
Katerena Anna Vinitska
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
After graduating from high school, Katheryn Winnick got enrolled at the York University, Toronto. After the completion of her university studies, she decided to focus full time on her acting career.
To polish up her acting skills, she got enrolled at the William Esper Studio in New York City.
Actress, Martial Artist
- Father – Roman Winnick
- Mother – Lesya Winnick (Vice-President of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress)
- Siblings – Markjan Winnick (Brother) (Actor), Adam Winnick (Brother) (Fought in Afganistan with the Canadian Armed Forces), Daria Winnick (Sister)
- Others – Volodimir Vinitsky (Paternal Grandfather)
Katheryn Winnick is represented by United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katheryn Winnick has dated –
- Nick Loeb (2015) – Katheryn was linked with filmmaker and businessman Nick Loeb at the start of 2015. They were first spotted together out on a date at the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ukrainian ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Fuller Lips
She has signed an endorsement deal with Raymond Weil, which is a Geneva-based luxury watches brand.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Lagertha in the historical drama TV series, Vikings.
- Being cast in the leading roles in various successful movies such as Amusement and A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III.
- Having made appearances in popular crime drama TV shows such as CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Criminal Minds, and Law & Order.
In 2001, Katheryn made her theatrical film debut in the American horror movie, Biohazardous.
First TV Show
In 1999, Katheryn Winnick made her first TV show appearance in The New Guys episode of Student Bodies.
Katheryn Winnick has a very grueling and disciplined workout routine in place to keep her in the right shape. Plus, her background in martial arts has given her a perfect foundation to build a sculpted body. She still regularly trains in martial arts and these intense sessions give her muscles the right amount of burn.
She also hits the gym for the weight training workouts. For weight training, she relies on the combination of free weight exercises and machine exercises. She has also made boxing a part of her workout regime. Plus, she maintains an active lifestyle, in which the focus is on outdoor exercises such as hiking, kayaking, jogging, and horseback riding.
She daily starts her days by drinking hot water and lemon. When it comes to food, she strictly sticks to the gluten-free diet. She usually eats 5 small meals throughout the day and tries to ensure that she is eating a lot of proteins and vegetables. She is also a fan of juicing.
Katheryn Winnick Favorite Things
- Vice – A glass of Red Wine daily
- Beauty Product – Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream
Katheryn Winnick Facts
- She is very much connected with her Ukrainian heritage. In fact, she spoke the Ukrainian language till she reached the age of 8.
- Katheryn started her martial arts training at the age of 7 and by the age of 13, she had managed to earn her first black belt. She currently holds a second-degree black belt in karate and third-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
- For some time, she studied and lived at a Buddhist temple near Seoul. She eventually had to leave the temple for her acting commitments.
- Katheryn is a licensed self-defense instructor and has trained actors on the movie sets. She is also a licensed bodyguard.
- She opened her first martial arts school at the age of 16. By 21, she had managed to open 2 more such schools.
- In 2002, she reached the finals of the Bravo’s reality show, The It Factor. She had to overcome competition from thousands of other applicants to reach the finals of the show.
- At the age of 14, she was kicked out of the summer camp because of her reckless behavior.
- Apart from her native Ukrainian and English languages, she is also fluent in Russian, French, and Italian language.
- For the audition of Vikings, she sent her audition tape twice because she felt that she didn’t look weathered enough in the first tape. For the 2nd tape, she rubbed dirt all over her face. Overall, she had to overcome competition from thousands of actors to bag the role. It was her Skype session with writer/creator Michael Hirst that proved to be a deal breaker for her.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Katheryn Winnick / Instagram