Katherine Elizabeth McGrath
Katie, Katie McGrath
Ashford, County Wicklow, Ireland
London, England, UK
Katie McGrath went to St. Andrews College in Blackrock, Dublin to study International Baccalaureate. She, then, joined Trinity College in Dublin to complete her graduation in the subject of history.
- Father – Paul McGrath (IT Professional)
- Mother – Mary McGrath
- Siblings – Rory McGrath (Older Brother), Sean McGrath (Older Brother)
Katie McGrath is currently attached to –
- Hamilton Hodell, UK
- Luber Roklin Entertainment, Los Angeles, US.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
135 lbs or 61 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie McGrath has been romantically linked with –
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers (2007) – The Irish actor, Jonathan Rhys Meyers had a fling with McGrath in 2007. They have shared screen space in the TV Series ‘The Tudor’ (2008).
- Colin Morgan (2010) – The Irish film, television and theater actor Colin Morgan met McGrath during the shooting of the episodes of the TV Series Merlin. It was rumored that the couple had been dating since 2010. But, it is not true. There were engagement rumors as well in October 2016. But, all these have been rejected by both of them.
- Sam Witwer – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
- Long brown hair
- Charming smile
- Green eyes
- Tattoo on the back saying ‘Purity’
36-25-37 in or 91.5-63.5-94 cm
6 (US) or 10 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 5.5 (UK)
Best Known For
Katie McGrath is best known for her role as Morgana in the BBC One TV Series ‘Merlin.’
The actress has also been known for other television appearances like ‘A Princess For Christmas’ (TV Movie, 2011) and ‘Dracula’ (British-American Horror Series, 2013).
Katie McGrath first appeared as Tara in a short film Pebble that released in 2007. It was a TV film.
Her first role in a full big-screen movie was as Lady Thelma Furness in the 2011 romantic drama film W.E.
First TV Show
Her first role in a TV series was as Trisha, Dessie’s girlfriend, in Eden in 2008.
Katie McGrath does not have a personal trainer. She attributes her good looks to her good genes. The actress is also known to stick to a proper and maintained diet.
Katie McGrath Favorite Things
- Application – WhatsApp
- Food Guilty Pleasure – Salt and vinegar peanuts
- TV Show – The Great British Bake Off (2010-2013)
- Clothing – An old gray men’s Gap cashmere sweater
- Color and Style – Black, knitwear, skinny jeans and very high heels
- Style Icon – Helena Bonham Carter
- Designer – Alexander Wang, Miu Miu, Vivienne Westwood, McQueen and Balmain
- Possession – Balenciaga flight jacket, Laine cashmere coat
- Jewelry – A gold watch (Grandmother’s), Diamond Earrings
Katie McGrath Facts
- Katie McGrath did not have any formal training in acting. She is the only actress on the sets of ‘Merlin’ who has just the acting experience of performing in school plays.
- She did not aspire to become an actress. She took up several jobs before becoming an actress. She worked at a piercing studio, in a cocktail bar, as a make-up artist for MAC cosmetics, worked for Image magazine as a fashion journalist.
- She also worked under costume designer Joan Bergin during the shooting of ‘The Tudors’ (2007) as a wardrobe assistant.
- Her last name is pronounced as “Mc-Grah.”
- Katie McGrath also appeared in the Hollywood movie ‘Jurassic World’ in 2015.
- In September 2021, it was announced that Katie had resigned from Time’s Up board.
- Katie is not on any of the social networking sites likes Facebook, Twitter, etc.