|Katie Zelem Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1996|
Katie Zelem is an English professional soccer player and TV personality. She is best known as the captain and midfielder for club Manchester United in the FA Women’s Super League starting in 2018. Between 2013 and 2017, she played for Liverpool, and between 2017 and 2018 for Juventus.
Katie Leigh Zelem
Oldham, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Professional Soccer Player, TV Personality
- Father – Alan Zelem (Former Professional Goalkeeper for Macclesfield Town F.C.)
- Mother – Gillian Zelem
- Siblings – None
- Others – Peter Zelem (Uncle) (Former Professional Soccer Player), Ross Zelem (Cousin) (Played cricket for Lancashire and soccer for Oldham schools), Louise Zelem (Cousin)
Katie Zelem is represented by –
- KIN Partners (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Next Level Collective (Talent Agent) in the United Kingdom
- 5 – Juventus
- 10 – Manchester United
- 20 – Liverpool
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie Zelem has dated –
- Jessica Sigsworth – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Dimpled smile
- Freckled face
- Thin nose
Katie Zelem has endorsed brands such as Adidas.
She also worked with the RMCH Charity that benefitted Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital in 2019.
Katie Zelem Favorite Things
- Midfielder – Fara Williams
- Professional Soccer Player – Wayne Rooney
Source – Wikipedia, Women’s Competitions
Katie Zelem Facts
- She started playing soccer at the age of 6, greatly influenced by her dad.
- Her parents enrolled her in the Manchester United Girls’ Centre of Excellence academy at the age of 8.
- She stayed at the Manchester United’s academy for 8 years, between 2004 and 2013, and only left because there was no senior team she could graduate into.
- She broke her collarbone on April 11, 2014, which stopped her from playing for Liverpool at the start of the 2014 FA WSL season.
- Her dad always came to every game she played in, at home or away, and sat at the same spot in the crowd. When her mom booked a holiday, he demanded she postpones it so he can watch Katie play.
- At the end of each game, her dad gives her what she calls a “run-through” or a “scout report” on how she and others performed.
- Katie was nominated for the title of the “WSL Development Player of the Year” alongside Natasha Baptiste and Carla Humphrey in 2014. Natasha won the title but Katie was named Liverpool‘s “Young Player of the Year”.
- In late 2014 and early 2015, she was compared to a well-known soccer player, Frank Lampard, by Liverpool‘s coach Matt Beard. He also predicted her a great career ahead.
- She is inseparable with her teammates, Martha Harris, with whom she played in Liverpool, and Jessica Sigsworth, with whom she played in Manchester United.
- Katie was the 1st ever player to win the Manchester United Women’s “Player of the Month” award in March 2019. At the end of that season, she also won the “Player of the Year” award.
- She was named Manchester United‘s women club captain ahead of the 2019-2020 season after Alex Greenwood signed a contract with Olympique Lyonnais and departed.
- She stated that if people asked some of the girls in Manchester United, they’d say she was quite vocal and has always been. Katie added she was “chewing their ear off” because she wanted them to improve and become the best players they can be.
- Katie used to be the “dressing room DJ” until she took the mantle of the club captain. Her “replacements” were Millie Turner and Mollie Green, who also love to listen to dance and R&B as Katie does.
- She thinks Leah Galton and Jessica Sigsworth are the fastest players in her Manchester United squad. On the other hand, Lauren James is the most skillful player, according to her.
- Katie is the slowest at getting ready among her club teammates.
Featured Image by Katie Zelem / Instagram
Katie’s dad n uncle Pete played in team with my brother and all from failsworth which is all RED as mancunian so katie was blessed as male or female Dad knew they gonna play for MUFC
Eere proud you from faileorth