|Rainn Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1966|
Rainn Wilson is an accomplished American actor known for his character Dwight Schrute on the American television comedy The Office. He co-created and directed the sketch comedy and post-modern clown show, The New Bozena. His role as Arthur in the HBO series Six Feet Under in 2001 gained him much fame and critical praise.
Rainn Dietrich Wilson
Seattle, Washington, United States
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Sisters, Oregon, U.S.
Wilson went to Kellogg Middle School and Shorecrest High School in Shoreline, Washington. Later, he transferred to New Trier High School after his family relocated to Wilmette, Illinois.
After finishing school, Wilson graduated in 1986 from the University of Washington in Seattle with a bachelor’s degree in drama. Then, he attended the New York University where he enrolled in the ‘Graduate Acting Program’ at the Tisch School of the Arts. He graduated with MFA in acting.
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Director, Businessman, Producer
- Father – Robert G. Wilson (Novelist, Artist, Business Consultant)
- Mother – Shay Cooper (Yoga Teacher, Actress)
- Others – Kristin (Stepmother), Roland Harrison “Rollie” Whitman (Maternal Grandfather), Katherine J. Williams (Maternal Grandmother)
Rainn is represented by the United Talent Agency.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rainn has dated –
- Holiday Reinhorn (1995-Present) – Rainn met writer Holiday Reinhorn in an acting class at the University of Washington and they started going out. They eventually got married in 1995 on the Kalama River in Washington. They have since been together and welcomed their son Walter Wilson in 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
Rainn has both English and Norwegian ancestry.
Light Brown (Natural)
He has appeared in –
- Print ads for Puma (2006)
- TV commercial for NBA on TNT (2009)
- GAP Clothing with Selma Blair
Wilson is a follower of Baha’i Faith.
Best Known For
Being cast as Dwight Schrute in the comedy sitcom The Office
Rainn Wison made his theatrical film debut in 1999 in the comic science fiction movie Galaxy Quest in which he appeared as Lahnk.
First TV Show
Wilson made his TV show debut as Casey Keegan in the ABC soap opera One Life to Live in 1997.
Rainn’s personal trainer is Peter from the fitness enterprise, Fit Malibu. Rainn works out under the supervision of his trainer and tries to maintain a healthy lifestyle as much as possible.
Rainn Wilson Favorite Things
- Artist – Franz Zepherin
- TV Shows – Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Black Mirror, Peaky Blinders
- Pre-1980s Movie – Animal Crackers
Rainn Wilson Facts
- He played the clarinet and bassoon in the school band.
- To survive his college years, He worked as a moving van driver.
- Wilson has worked in theatres including Public Theater, Ensemble Studio Theater, Playwrights Horizons, The Roundabout, etc.
- He founded the media and production company, SoulPancake, which has accumulated more than 3 million subscribers on its YouTube channel.
- Rainn co-authored the New York Times Bestseller SoulPancake: Chew on Life’s Big Questions.
- The Bassoon King is his non-fiction book which is a humorous memoir about his personal life, career, and faith which was published in 2015.
- He has two pit-bulls named Oona and Pilot.
- Wilson also has two Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs, Snorty and Amy, and a zonkey named Derek.
- He hosts a podcast called the Baha’i Blogcast which focuses on interviewing notable people about the intersection of their faith and their work.
- Wilson has described himself as ‘a diverse independent’ on Bill Maher‘s talk-show Real Time.
- Wilson is also involved in social services and is associated with the non-profit organization Mona Educational Organization and the educational initiative Lidè Haiti, which he co-founded with Dr. Kathryn Adams.
- He also used to write blogs for his character Dwight Schrute on the website for his show The Office (2005-2013).
- He also takes great interest in playing chess.
Featured Image by Rainn Wilson / Instagram