|Katlyn Chookagian Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|December 28, 1988
Katlyn Chookagian started her MMA career in the flyweight division. After having won all 5 of her matches, she switched to bantamweight in March 2016 with a knockout win against Stephanie Bragayrac. In January 2018, she decided to switch back to flyweight and overcame Mara Romero Borella via a unanimous decision in her return match. She defeated Alexis Davis via another unanimous decision in July 2018 and was ranked at the 7th spot in the official UFC flyweight rankings.
Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Long Island, New York, United States
Katlyn Chookagian went to the Quakertown Community Senior High School. Afterward, she got enrolled at the Fairleigh Dickinson University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Business Management and Marketing.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Her father owns the Pub Restaurant in Quakertown.
- Mother – Her mother assists her father in operating the restaurant.
- Siblings – She has an older brother.
Katlyn Chookagian is represented by Ballengee Group.
Renzo Gracie Combat Team
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm (Billed Height)
61 kg or 135 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katlyn Chookagian has dated –
- Kyle Cerminara – Katlyn has been in a relationship with MMA wrestling coach Kyle Cerminara for the last couple of years. They are spotted together on many occasions and Kyle also trains her to improve her game.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Armenian ancestry.
Katlyn Chookagian has inked a personal endorsement deal with NutraBio and has used her social media activity to promote NutraBio products.
She has also promoted other brands and products such as Batiste USA, Fight Chix, and Everlast through her social media posts.
Best Known For
Being one of the most successful female fighters in the flyweight division of mixed martial arts. She has been ranked in the top 10 by UFC on a number of occasions. It is also notable that she lost only one match in her first 10 bouts.
First MMA Match
In June 2014, she made her professional MMA debut in a match against Rebecca Heintzman at CFFC 37. She won the match after 3 rounds via unanimous decision.
In 2016, she made her theatrical film debut in the action drama movie, Fight Valley.
Katlyn Chookagian follows a grueling training regime with multiple workout sessions planned for 5 days a week and has a workout planned for Saturday as well. Apart from improving her strength and conditioning in the gym, she also works on improving her wrestling and martial art skills.
She has also hired different trainers and coaches to work on different skills. She works with Terrific Gist for boxing and Kyle Cerminara for wrestling. Katlyn also spends considerable time with her head coaches – Mark Henry (not the famous WWE wrestler) and James Meals. She usually trains at Ricardo Almedias BJJ and Nick Catone MMA.
When it comes to nutrition, she tries her best to follow a Ketogenic diet. But, because of the demands of her training, she can’t completely leave carbs out of her diet. So, she tries to adjust her carb intake in accordance with her training demands. The more difficult and intense her training is, the more is the consumption of carbs. For her carb intake, she relies on quinoa, sweet potato, and oatmeal.
Katlyn Chookagian Favorite Things
- Food – Ice Cream
- TV Shows – Shameless
- Music Artists – Justin Bieber, Future
- Band – Kings of Leon
- Books – Relentless by Tim Grover
Source – Fight Chix
Katlyn Chookagian Facts
- Early in her MMA career, she used to work as a bartender at Lulu’s Bar at W Hoboken hotel for financial stability.
- She had decided that she would give up MMA if she couldn’t achieve anything by the age of 25 but, luckily, she turned pro at the same age.
- She started taking karate training at the age of 4.
- Under the guidance of her coach Renzo Gracie, Katlyn has managed to earn a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- She made her UFC debut in July 2016 as she squared up against Lauren Murphy at UFC Fight Night: McDonald vs. Lineker. She managed to win the match via unanimous decision.
- While Katlyn was studying in high school, she started participating in kickboxing as well as boxing events.
- She faced her first defeat as a professional MMA competitor in November 2016 as she lost at UFC 205 with her opponent, Liz Carmouche, winning via a split decision.
- Follow Katlyn Chookagian on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Katlyn Chookagian / Instagram