|Dave Navarro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1967|
Dave Navarro is a guitarist, singer-songwriter, and actor. He is credited with founding the alternative rock band Jane’s Addiction in 1985. Dave has also served as the former member of the band Red Hot Chili Peppers and released 1 album “One Hot Minute” with them. Throughout his life, his name has been linked with many women. The long list of his girlfriends is below.
David Michael Navarro
Santa Monica, California, United States
In February 2016, Navarro bought 4 bedrooms in a sleek contemporary house in Larchmont neighborhood of Los Angeles. The house has several cool features such as 20-foot ceilings, a floating wood-and-steel staircase, and firestone pit in the inner courtyard and it cost him $2.9 million.
Dave Navarro went to the iconic Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, California.
Guitarist, singer, songwriter, and actor
- Father – James Raul Navarro
- Mother – Constance Colleen Hopkins
- Siblings – Gabriel James Navarro (Brother)
- Others – Gabriel Navarro Celis (Paternal Grandfather), María Flores Vega (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Francis Hopkins (Maternal Grandfather), Virginia Harford (Maternal Grandmother)
Dave Navarro is represented by New York City based Artists International Management.
Alternative rock, hard rock
Warner Bros Entertainment, Capitol Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dave Navarro has dated
- Angel Aviles – RUMOR
- Jayden James – RUMOR
- Kari Wuhrer – RUMOR
- Kacey Jordan – RUMOR
- Pamela Des Barres
- Tania Goddard (1990-1992) – In June 1990, he got married to celebrity tattoo artist Tania Goddard. However, their marriage didn’t even last a couple of years and they got divorced by 1992.
- Rhian Gittins (1994) – Dave got married for the second time to Canadian national Rhian Gittins in October 1994. They had been dating for 3 months. But their marriage was nothing but a farce as they got it annulled about 5 days later.
- Monet Mazur (1996-1997) – In 1996, Dave started dating singer and actress Monet Mazur. They dated for about a year. However, they separated on good terms and have collaborated for a couple of stage shows over the years.
- Lexus Locklear (1998) – In 1998, Navarro had a fling with p*rnographic actress Lexus Locklear, who had also been selected as the Penthouse Pet.
- Sherrie Rose (1999-2000) – Navarro started going out with actress and screenwriter Sherrie Rose in 1999. They were together till 2000.
- Bobbie Brown – In her interviews, Bobbie Brown (not the famous makeup artist Bobbi Brown) revealed that she had an affair with Navarro. She revealed that she first met him at his house after her friend had invited her over there. After arriving, she found out that he was having an intercourse with her. Her friend soon after left but she stayed for the night. However, they never had s*x as she was afraid she would fall too hard for him. It took months for her to kiss him.
- Carmen Electra (2001-2007) – Dave first met actress Carmen Electra in 2000. They had both lost their mother tragically, which served as a starting point for their connection. By the early months of 2001, they had officially started dating. He was so serious about her that he got her initials tattooed on his sternum. In November 2003, they got married in a lavish ceremony and their marriage was covered in MTV reality series ‘Til Death Do Us Part. Their marriage came to an end in 2006 as she applied for divorce in August, which was eventually granted in February 2007. However, they have remained close over the years and have been rumored to have got back together on numerous occasions. In April 2014, they were seen kissing on the red carpet at Revolver Golden Gods Awards.
- Michelle Dupont (2003) – In 2003, he allegedly hooked up with music groupie Michelle Dupont.
- Jenna Presley (2005-2007) – Dave reportedly had an affair with another adult actress, Jenna Presley in 2005. It was reported that this was one of the affairs that forced Carmen to call off their marriage. Dave and Jenna went out for about two years.
- Brittney Skye (2006) – RUMOR
- Jenna Jameson (2006) – RUMOR
- Taylor Wayne (2006) – RUMOR
- Jessica Jaymes (2006-2009) – Dave started going out with adult actress Jessica Jaymes in 2006. During the course of their relationship, they weren’t shy about making public appearances and attending parties as a couple. They decided to end their relationship in 2009.
- Kendra Jade (2006) – Immediately after his separation from Carmen Electra, Dave was reported to have found solace in a fling with adult actress Kendra Jade. She was even seen at his Halloween Lingerie and Costume Ball in October 2006 in Hollywood.
- Kelly Lee Carlson (2007) – RUMOR
- Tami Donaldson (2007) – In February 2007, it was revealed that he was hooking up with model Tami Donaldson. They were spotted getting pretty close at the Maxim Party. They had known each other for little over a year. In June 2007, Tami arrived with Dave for his 40th birthday party in the Body English Night Club at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas. They were again seen snuggling at the party.
- Jasmine Lennard (2007-2008) – After breakup from music mogul Simon Cowell, Jasmine Lennard rediscovered life with a fiery affair with Navarro. She had met him in a car park in Los Angeles and about an hour later, she was in his bed at his home. In her later interviews, she called Navarro, the Dark Lord of Hollywood and opened up about orgies, she had at his mansion. However, it all proved to be too much for her as she decided to end their 18 months long affair because she was tired of his X-rated lifestyle.
- Metal Sanaz (2007) – In 2007, Dave was linked with actress and producer Metal Sanaz. They were seen hanging out together at many parties and nightclubs. She hinted at the affair in her subsequent interviews.
- Nicole Bennett (2007) – Towards the second half of 2007, Dave was reported to be dating Nicole Bennett. They even made a couple of appearances as a couple at red carpet events including the grand opening of the LAX Nightclub in Las Vegas.
- Terri Nunn (2008) – In March 2008, he was reported to have hooked with singer Terri Nunn. He was even seen kissing her during a stage performance.
- Sasha Grey (2008) – In the early months of 2008, Dave was said to be dating adult actress Sasha Grey. It was claimed that they had grown close after having worked together for the adult movie, Broken. Dave had turned the director for the movie while she was the lead performer.
- Stormy Daniels (2008) – In April 2008, Navarro was claimed to be going out with p*rnographic actress Stormy Daniels. He even took her as his date to the premiere of Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Hollywood.
- Margaret Cho (2008) – Navarro was suspected to be going out with Canadian actress and comedian, Margaret Cho in the early months of 2008. She even shared pictures of them hanging out in April 2008 on her website.
- Joanna Angel (2008) – According to reports, Navarro had a sexual threesome with adult actresses Joanna Angel and Jessie Lee in 2008. This sexual episode was confirmed by Angel herself in her radio interview.
- Jessie Lee (2008) – The sexual threesome is reported to have taken place in February 2008 and the location of this escapade was Starlight Tattoo party at the House of Blues.
- Daisy de la Hoya (2008) – In May 2008, Dave was reported to be going out with reality TV star Daisy de la Hoya after they were seen heading out for a date.
- Amie Nicole (2008-2009) – Dave started dating model Amie Nicole in 2008. They dated for about a year before deciding to head in different directions in 2009.
- Izabella Miko (2009) – RUMOR
- Brooke Heaven (2009) – RUMOR
- Jenny Spain (2009) – In 2009, Dave was linked with actress Jenny Spain. He had interviewed her for his radio show, Dark Matter, and it was claimed that they decided to go out on a date because of their instant connection.
- Courtney Love (2010) – In April 2010, Navarro was linked with musician Courtney Love after they were seen kissing during their performance in Hollywood. However, this wasn’t the first time that they had decided to indulge in a little makeout session during a stage performance.
- Jayme Langford (2010) – RUMOR
- Brooke Mueller (2010) – Towards the end of 2010, Navarro was rumored to be dating actress and model Brooke Mueller. They were spotted on a date at the Nobu (Japanese restaurant) in Aspen, Colorado. They were seen making out outside the restaurant as well.
- Lexus Amanda (2014) – In the early months of 2014, Dave was linked with singer and songwriter, Lexus Amanda. Amanda had hinted at their affair on a couple of occasions over the past couple of years.
- Andrea Tantaros (2015-Present) – In April 2015, it was revealed that Navarro was dating Fox news anchor, Andrea Tantaros. After having met through a mutual friend, they had been dating for a couple of months. Dave had started hinting at their relationship by the start of the year as he voiced his admiration for her show Outnumbered via tweets. The current status of their relationship is slightly hazy. While there are reports that claim they are seeing each other, the concrete verification about them still dating has been missing.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Mexican ancestry while, on his mother’s side, he is of German and English descent with traces of Welsh ethnicity.
- Body Tattoos
- Often wears a fedora hat
- Loves to be shirtless while performing on stage
Dave Navarro has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Spike App
- Joyful heart foundation
- Safe Horizon
Best Known For
- Being the founding member of the American rock band, Jane’s Addiction. The band is best known for the success of their studio album Ritual de lo habitual, which was certified ‘2x Platinum’. Their studio album, Strays was also a huge success and sold over 110,500 albums within the 1st week.
- Having served as the guitarist with the iconic rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers. However, he worked only on 1 album, One Hot Minute with the band.
In August 1988, his music band Jane’s Addiction released their debut album, Nothing’s Shocking. The album was certified ‘Platinum’ and was highly acclaimed by the critics. The album was also included by Rolling Stones magazine in the list featuring “500 Greatest Albums of All-Time”.
In June 2001, he released his debut studio album, Trust No One.
In 1994, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Floundering.
First TV Show
In February 1996, Dave Navarro made his first TV show appearance on the music TV series, Top of the Pops.
Dave Navarro is very particular about remaining active and fit as he believes that it is necessary so as to perform for long durations on the stage. He usually tries to hit the gym 6 days a week. However, he doesn’t follow one specific fitness discipline and opts to mix it up. He includes light weight lifting, cardio, and yoga in his workout regime.
When it comes to diet, he isn’t too focused on counting his calories or following any diet plan. However, he avoids consuming dairy products. He is also not a fan of sugars but in case something is good enough, he will have it. He believes that eating clean gives him the liberty to indulge once in a while.
Dave Navarro Favorite Things
- Band – Pink Floyd
- Guitarist – David Gilmour
- Movies – Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979), Ordinary People (1980), All the President’s Men (1976), 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Stardust Memories (1980)
- Tattoo Style – American Traditional
Source – LAMag.com, Rotten Tomatoes, Paramount Network
Dave Navarro Facts
- While studying in high school, he was a member of the marching band. His future Jane’s Addiction bandmate Stephen Perkins was also in the same band.
- In March 1983, his mother was killed by her ex-boyfriend. Dave was going to visit and stay with her on the night of her death but at the last minute, he decided to stay with his father.
- In 2015, he released the documentary Mourning Son, in which he discussed his mother’s murder and his subsequent drug addiction as he sought to overcome the trauma and pain.
- He got into music after hearing Jimi Hendrix song at the skate park. He subsequently started playing guitar at the age of 7.
- He has participated in the Celebrity Poker Showdown on a couple of occasions and in his third tournament, he managed to progress to the championship round.
- In 1998, Dave was fired from Jane’s Addiction due to creative differences. It was also alleged that his heroin addiction had also proved to be problematic.
- In 2007, he collaborated with Teravision to direct his first p*rnographic film, Broken which has popular adult actress Sasha Grey in the leading role.
- He has done extensive activism work for PETA including stripping naked in 2010 for their Ink Not Mink campaign. He again posed naked in 2013 for their anti-animal-testing campaign.
- Dave has served as a host and judge in the tattoo reality show, Ink Master.
- In September 2013, at SAG-AFTRA, he was elected as the Vice President, National Recording Artists.
- In December 2021, Dave tested positive for COVID-19. In May 2022, he revealed that he was still experiencing the symptoms and was suffering from long-haul COVID.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Steve Isaacs / Flickr / CC BY 2.0