|Monet Mazur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1976|
Monet Mazur is an American actress and voice artist, best known for her roles in movies Mystery Men (1999) alongside Ben Stiller, 40 Days and 40 Nights (2002) alongside Josh Hartnett, Torque (2004) with rapper Ice Cube, and The House Bunny (2008) with Anna Faris, Emma Stone, and Kat Dennings. Monet also starred with Johnny Depp in Blow (2001), played the sister-in-law to Jennifer Lopez in the movie Angel Eyes (2001), as well as movies Stark Raving Mad (2002), Kiss the Bride (2002), Just Married (2003), Monster-in-Law (2005), In Memory of My Father (2005), and Stoned (2005).
In 2008, she appeared in the role of Carolina in the movie The Last International Playboy and in Dead Man Running as Frankie in 2009. That year, she became a notable television actress when she appeared in 2 episodes of NCIS: Los Angeles, and then in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2010), Castle (2009-2010), The Good Guys (2010), Chuck (2010), Rizzoli & Isles (2012), and in 2018 began starring in the recurring role of Laura Fine-Baker in TV series All American. She also became a voice artist in 2014, when she was invited to borrow her voice to a character of Astrae in the video game Transformers Universe.
Monet Happy Mazur
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- London, England, United Kingdom
Her educational history is unknown.
- Father – Ruby Mazur (Record Industry Artist)
- Mother – Valerie Chasin (Fashion Model) (d. July 2018)
- Siblings – Matisse Mazur (Younger Brother), Cézanne Mazur (Younger Brother), Miro Mazur (Younger Brother)
- Others – Epic Mazur (Cousin) (Singer, Musician)
Monet Mazur is represented by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts (APA) (Talent Agent Theatrical) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Wishlab (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- 42West (Publicist) in New York, New York, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Monet Mazur has dated –
- Ashton Kutcher (1995-1996) – She dated the well known Hollywood actor for 1 year while they were in their late teens.
- Dave Navarro (1996-1997) – Monet started dating singer and musician Dave Navarro in 1996, and they were in a short-term relationship for around a year. They separated on good terms and later collaborated on music shows together.
- Adrien Brody (2001) – She was in a very brief relationship with actor Adrien Brody in 2001 while he was still at the beginning of his career.
- Josh Hartnett (2001) – Rumors began circulating in 2001, during the filming of the movie 40 Days and 40 Nights (2002) that Monet and actor Josh Hartnett were becoming very close, but neither she nor Josh spoke of their romantic connection.
- Jason Lewis (2004) – Monet began dating the model in 2004, but like her previous relationships, it was very brief and lasted only until the end of the year.
- Alex De Rakoff (2005-2018) – It was likely that she started dating British film director Alex De Rakoff at the beginning of 2005, as the pair got married in April 2005. On May 21, 2005, they were blessed with their 1st son, Marlon De Rakoff. 6 years later, on March 22, 2011, their 2nd son, Luciano Cy De Rakoff, was born into the world. She jokingly said that it took her 2 years to understand his thick British accent, but it was what kept their marriage fresh and interesting. Unfortunately, in July 2018, after rumors started circulating, Monet announced that she filed for divorce against Alex for undisclosed reasons.
Race / Ethnicity
Monet Mazur has American and Jewish ancestry on her paternal side.
- Tall, slim physique
- Defined facial features
- Thin eyebrows
- Thin Nose
Monet Mazur has endorsed brands such as –
- Solid & Striped (2016)
- Hair Story Studio (2016)
- Natalie Martin Collection (2016-2018)
- Barry’s Boot Camp (2016)
- The A List (2016)
- Leah Shlaer Swimwear (2016)
- Hopper Goods (2017)
- (MALIN+GOETZ) (2017)
- D H E L A (2017)
- Christian Louboutin (2017)
- Davis Factor (2017)
- BuvetteNYC (2017)
- Mira Mikati Studio (2017)
- Lime Wood Hotel (2017)
- Bryr Clogs (2016)
- Feith Club (2018)
- Outdoor Voices (2018)
- ByFar Boots (2018)
- H&M Moschino X (2018)
- AWE Inspired (2018)
- Louis Vuitton (2018)
- Aimé Leon Dore (2018)
- ZANZAN Eyewear (2018)
- LTH JKT (2018)
- Pretty Box Boutique (2018)
- Carly Jo Morgan (2019)
- Veda Spirit (2019)
- V1 Gallery (2019)
Monet Mazur also appeared in TV commercials for Gap and Nice ‘n’ Easy hair coloring.
Best Known For
- Her roles of Candy in 40 Days and 40 Nights (2002), Whirlygirl in Whirlygirl (2006), Becky Beaner in Mystery Men (1999), Shane in Torque (2004)
- Starring as Cassandra in the movie The House Bunny (2008), and having a recurring role of Laura Fine-Baker in TV series All American that aired in 2018
As a Singer
Monet Mazur sang in 3 commercials for the brand Gap – Everybody in Cords, Everybody in Vests, and Everybody in Leather in 1999. She also provided guest vocals for the music artist Tricky, a record titled Sneakerpunk, and the duo of songwriters and record producers under the name Dust Brothers.
Monet also performed with the well-known band The Pussycat Dolls and was a frontman of her own band, named Nancy Raygun, which was active in Hollywood in early 2000.
Monet Mazur made her first theatrical film appearance as Flirting Woman in a comedy, fantasy Addams Family Values in 1993.
First TV Show
Monet Mazur made her first TV show appearance as Brandee Fields in an episode of the drama, romance series Days of Our Lives that aired on June 23, 1993.
Monet Mazur Favorite Things
- People – David Bowie, Jack Nicholson, Bob Dylan, Singer Prince, Queen Elizabeth II, John Travolta, Karl Lagerfeld, Penelope Cruz, Elvis Presley
- Fruit – Banana
- Interests – Dressing Up, Knitting, Roller-Skating
- Drink – Coffee
- Place – Beaches in Spain
- Color – Pink
- Quote – “Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path…”
Monet Mazur Facts
- She was born in Los Angeles, California, but grew up in Malibu, Florida, and New York City, New York.
- Her dad was the illustrator behind the widely recognized “tongue” logo for the well-known band The Rolling Stones.
- Two of her brothers, Cézanne and Miro, are twins.
- Hers and her siblings’ first names were directly taken from the last names of well-known artists. She was named after Oscar Claude Monet, her brother after Henri Émile Benoît Matisse, and her twin brothers were named after Paul Cézanne and Joan Miró.
- Her cousin is Epic Mazur, a vocalist, rapper, and record producer, who was a part of the band Crazy Town. Monet appeared in the music video for their song titled Revolving Door, alongside model and socialite Kimberly Stewart in 2001.
- Her guest appearance in the TV series NCIS: Los Angeles (2009) had a huge potential to turn into a recurring role. That was because her character was well connected with Chris O’Donnell‘s character in the lead role. However, the character Natalie Giordano she played didn’t reappear in the series later.
- In 2002, a well-known magazine, Maxim, featured her at the 88th spot on their “Hot 100 of 2002” list.
- Monet was a big supporter of the women rights and joined the Women’s March in London, England, the United Kingdom in 2017.
- Monet said that she wears a sunscreen every single day to protect her skin from the damage of the ultraviolet rays, especially in bright and sunny cities such as Los Angeles and Beverly Hills in California.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Monet Mazur / Instagram