|Katrina Kaif Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Katrina Kaif is a British actress who has worked in Hindi movies and is among India’s highest-paid actresses. She started her career as a fashion model winning a beauty contest in Hawaii at the age of 14 and subsequently modeled professionally making frequent appearances at London Fashion Week. It was at one of the fashion shows that she was spotted by director Kaizad Gustad who introduced her to Hindi cinema in 2003 with the movie Boom. Though Katrina received criticism for her thick British accent and non-fluent Hindi, however, Sukanya Verma of Rediff.com complimented her saying it’s her Disney’s princess-like charm which adds to her adorable screen presence. Media has referred to her as one of India’s most beautiful celebrities and has been ranked highly in polls making her among the most attractive Indian celebrities.
Katrina Kaif has used her unconventional look to her best, turning the adversities to her favor. The critics cannot stop boasting her for bringing life to the roles of Indu (Raajneeti – 2010), Dimple Dixit (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan – 2011), Laila (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara – 2011), etc.
Kat, Katz, Katty Kaif
She currently resides in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Katrina Kaif is a well-traveled actress. She was born in Hong Kong. After her parents were divorced, she moved to China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Germany, Belgium, Hawaii, England, and finally to India. So, she didn’t get much time to study.
She was also homeschooled by her mother while traveling.
British Indian Actress and former model
- Father – Mohammed Kaif (Businessman)
- Mother – Suzanne (Lawyer and charity worker)
- Siblings – Stephanie (Older Sister), Christine (Older Sister), Natasha (Older Sister), Melissa (Younger Sister), Sonia (Younger Sister), Isabelle Kaif (Younger Sister) (Model, Actress), Sebastien (Older Brother)
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
137 pounds or 62 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katrina has dated –
- Salman Khan (2003-2010) – Katrina’s first boyfriend is considered to be Salman Khan.
- Ranbir Kapoor (2012-2016) – Then, actor Ranbir Kapoor came closer to Kat during their movie “Raajneeti”. They started dating in 2012 and reportedly broke up with Ranbir in January 2016. There were engagement rumors also during the duration of their relationship.
- Vicky Kaushal (2019-Present) – In May 2019, Katrina was rumored to be falling for Uri actor Vicky Kaushal. The actor was seen flirting publicly with the leading lady at an award show, and it formed the basis of such rumors. However, both have avoided speaking on such claims. The couple tied the knot on December 9, 2021, at Six Senses Resort, Fort Barwara in Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Kashmiri Indian ancestry on her father’s side and is of British descent on her mother’s side.
35-26-37 in or 89-66-94 cm
Hindi film “Boom” for her role as Rina Kaif / Popdi Chinchpokli in 2003 directed by Kaizad Gustad.
- Mango Juice drink brand Slice
- Lux in 2010
- Nakshatra Jewellery in 2008
- In May 2022, she was announced as the brand ambassador for the Ayurvedic personal care brand Medimix.
- In October 2023, Katrina was announced as the brand ambassador for Rado.
Salman Khan had officially served as the personal trainer and had trained Katrina for the 2013 movie Dhoom 3. In general, she is particular about her fitness and workout 6 days a week for a minimum of 45 minutes. Her diet is void of gluten, dairy, and sugar.
Katrina Kaif Favorite Things
- Food – Rice in milk with sugar and cardamom in India and also Pasta with cheese
- TV Programs – Too many
- Place – Dubai and London
- Bands – Muse, Radiohead, and Coldplay
- Novel Author – Sidney Sheldon
- Indian Designers – Rina Dhaka, Tarun Tahiliani, Rocky S
- Cricketer – Irfan Pathan. Though, she doesn’t like much Cricket.
- International Designers – Armani, Miu Miu, Prada, Versace
- Movies – Umrao Jaan (1981), Casablanca (1942), and Gone with the Wind (1939)
- Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Aamir Khan
- Actress – Madhuri Dixit and Kajol
Katrina Kaif Facts
- Kat works in India on an employment visa.
- At the age of 14, Katrina worked on her first modeling project for a jewelry brand.
- Her last name ‘Turquotte’ was changed to ‘Kaif’ by producer Ayesha Shroff in order to make it more relatable for the Indian audience.
- She was voted the s*xiest Asian woman in the world by Eastern Eye in the years 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- She was chosen as the face of the year for the Lakme India Fashion Week in 2005.
- Katrina is active in various charities and often visits orphanages (Like Salman Khan do). Her mother, Susanna Turquotte has also worked with an orphanage to raise funds for building a school.
- She was seen on Verve‘s list of most powerful women in 2009 and 2010.
- In 2010 and 2011, 2 sets of Barbie dolls modeled on Kaif were launched by the toy manufacturing company, Mattel.
- In 2012, Economic Times ranked Kaif as India’s second most prominent endorser.
- Kaif has to her name the “World’s Sexiest Woman” title by FHM India five times (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- She was honored with the “Sexiest Asian Woman” in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2013 by the UK magazine Eastern Eye.
- She was The Times of India‘s “Most Desirable Woman” in 2010 and later was ranked second from 2011 to 2013. “India’s Most Beautiful Woman” in 2011 by The Indian edition of People and in 2014, she topped Maxim India‘s “Hot 100” poll.
- Katrina’s wax figure was unveiled in London’s Madame Tussauds in March 2015. This made her the 8th Bollywood actor to have a wax statue there.
- She is the first Bollywood star who was featured in Peruvian photographer Mario Testino’s Towel Series in 2017.
- In 2018, Katrina was announced as an ambassador of the non-profit organization, Educate Girls.
- In 2019, Katrina had launched her own beauty line called Kay Beauty on Nykaa.
- She launched the #Kare initiative in 2019. It is a charitable program under Kay Beauty that aims to support various social causes like the employment of rural women.
- In 2020, Katrina revealed that she was an investor in the beauty e-commerce platform, Nykaa. She had privately invested 2 crores which became INR 22 crore on the first listing day of the stock exchange in November 2021 after Nykaa’s IPO.
- In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Katrina donated an undisclosed amount of money to Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund and PM CARES Fund.
- In April 2021, she was tested positive for coronavirus.
- In 2021, the internet found out a lookalike of Katrina Kaif in the form of actress Alina Rai. Though Alina didn’t find the resemblance.
- In June 2022, Katrina tested positive for COVID-19.
- Katrina Kaif was the 7th most Googled Asian celebrity as per Google Mid Year Search 2022 list released in July 2022.
- In July 2022, Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal had received death threats via social media from a person named Manvinder Singh alias Aditya Rajput. A police case was registered at the Santacruz Police Station and subsequently, he was arrested.
Featured Image from Lifi Crystal / Flickr / CC by 2.0