|Kausalya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kausalya is an Indian actress and model who is known for her appearance as Akila in Nerukku Ner (1997), Priya in Priyamudan (1998), Swetha in Sollamale (1998), Maha in Pooveli (1998) and Nandini in Vaanathaippola (2000).
Kausalya, Nandini, Tamilselvi
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Father – Shivashankar Siddalingappa (Manager)
- Mother – Poornima
- Siblings – Shanmugha
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has half Marathi and half Kannada ancestry on her mother’s side and Bangalorean ancestry on her father’s side.
- Thick eyebrows
- Thin lips
- Initially, Kausalya had started off her career as a model.
- She was brought up in Bangalore.
- Kausalya made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Nandhini in April 19 in 1996. Later, in 1997, she made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance as herself in Kaalamellam Kadhal Vaazhga.
- She got her first big break in the Tamil film industry as Maha in Pooveli in 1998, for which she won a Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil.
- Kausalya made her debut TV show appearance as Hamsaveni/Krishnaveni on SunTV’s Manaivi in 2004. Kausalya has also appeared in various other TV shows including Thanichu (2006), Dharmayudham (2010), Spandhanam (2015), and Akka (2014-2015).
- She has appeared in more than 2 dozen films including Kadhalikka Yarumillai, Rang De, Michaelpatty Raja, Natpe Thunai, Echcharikkai, Sangili Bungili Kadhava Thorae, Anuraga Karikkin Vellam, I G Inspector General, Santosh Subramaniam, Sooryan, and Thirumalai.
- In 2020, Kausalya made her debut web series appearance Bhavani in ZEE5’s Chadarangam.
- Her father Shivashankar worked as a depot manager at Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation.
- Kausalya went on a hiatus for 4 years in 2010. Later, in 2014, she returned with her role as Susheela in Poojai in 2014.
Featured Image By Bipinkdas / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0