|Keith David Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1956|
Keith David is a talented American actor, voice actor, comedian, and singer. He is known for his roles in Platoon, The Thing, Crash, There’s Something About Mary, Barbershop, Men at Work, Gargoyles, Todd McFarlane’s Spawn, The Princess and the Frog, and The Flash. Some of his notable theater works include Seven Guitars, The Wiz, Jelly’s Last Jam, and Hot Feet. He obtained the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Juilliard School, New York in 1979.
Keith David Williams
Harlem, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Keith David attended Manhattan’s High School of Performing Arts. Later, he joined New York’s Juilliard School in Drama Division, graduating in 1979 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Singer
- Father – Lester Williams (Director of Payroll Operations)
- Mother – Dolores Williams (Manager at New York Telephone)
- Siblings – Unknown
Keith David is managed by –
- Sneak Preview Entertainment, Inc., Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Josh Silver, Manager, Silver Mine Entertainment, Hollywood, California, United States
- Stone Manners Salners Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- London Theatrical, London, England, United Kingdom
Broadway, Classical-Pop, Jazz
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keith David has dated –
- Margit Edwards – Keith was once in a relationship with actress Margit Edwards. They married on September 22, 1990, and have a son together named Owen. However, their marriage did not last, and they separated.
- Dionne Lea – Keith dated actress Dionne Lea for a while before tying the knot on April 28, 2001. They have two daughters together named Ruby and MaeLea.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Arched eyebrows
- Prominent grinning smile
Keith David has either endorsed or lent his voice in commercials for brands like –
- Wisk Laundry Detergent Tablets (2001)
- Chevrolet’s “Make Your Money Count” Sales Promotion (2001)
- AT&T (2002)
- U.S. Navy (2002)
- United Parcel Service (2002)
- BMW (2009)
- Air America Radio (2004)
- Hennessey V.S. Cognac
Best Known For
His roles in films like Platoon (1986) as King, The Thing (1982) as Childs, Crash (2004) as Lieutenant Dixon, There’s Something About Mary (1998) as Mary’s Dad, Barbershop (2002) as Lester Wallace and Men at Work (1990) as Louis Fedders; and as voice actor in Aladdin (1994–1995) as Minos and King Zahbar, Gargoyles (1994–1997) as Goliath, Thailog, Officer Morgan, and in Todd McFarlane’s Spawn (1997–1999) as Al Simmons / Spawn
As a Singer
He has performed in many Broadway musicals like Jelly’s Last Jam and Hot Feet; and sang in films like Friends on the Other Side in The Princess and the Frog (2009), Memories of You, and O Holy Night in Beautiful Loser (2008), I Got You Babe in Delta Farce (2007), and Sweet Little Jesus Boy in Johns (1996).
In 1979, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime-drama film Disco Godfather as Club Patron. However, he was uncredited for his role.
In 1982, he made his formal theatrical film debut in the sci-fi horror film The Thing as Childs.
In 1997, he lent his voice in the animated adventure comedy film Hercules for the character of Apollo the Sun God.
First TV Show
In 1983, he made his first TV show appearance in the family musical series Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood as Keith the Handyman.
In 1991, he made his debut as a voice actor in the English version of the animated fantasy horror series 3×3 Eyes as Mama.
Keith David Favorite Things
- His Character In Cloud Atlas (2012) – An-kor Apis
Source – YouTube
Keith David Facts
- He had wanted to be an actor since the age of 2.
- As a kid, he loved old films and watched a lot of them.
- During the filming of the film Platoon (1986), Keith saved Charlie Sheen from falling off the open door of the helicopter.
- He became the new narrator for the City Confidential documentary series after Paul Winfield’s death.
- He has done many voice-over works with fellow voice actor Ron Perlman in animated series such as Aladdin (1994), Fantastic Four: The Animated Series (1994), Justice League (2003), and Teen Titans (2004).
- In February 2010, two of the animated films Coraline (2009) and The Princess and the Frog (2009) where he lent his voice for the roles of the Cat and Dr. Facilier respectively, got nominated for Academy Awards for “Best Animated Feature”.
- His name is often confused with another actor David Keith.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Keith David / Instagram