|Kelela Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kelela is an American singer and songwriter who garnered attention in the music industry with the release of her mixtape Cut 4 Me in 2013. Her debut studio album, Take Me Apart, was released in 2017 to critical acclaim.
Washington, D.C., United States
Kelela divides her time between Los Angeles, California, and London, England.
Kelala completed her studies at Magruder High School in 2001. Then, she enrolled at Montgomery College but transferred to American University.
Alternative R&B, Electronic, R&G
Warp Records, Fade to Mind
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelela has dated –
- Tosin Abasi (2008) – Kelela dated fellow Dizzy Spells member Tosin Abasi whom she met in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
However, she prefers to dye her hair gray.
She sports a buzz haircut.
- She was brought up in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Kelela was in grade four when she began to play the violin and sing and also took part in her school’s choir.
- After transferring to the American University, Kelela began singing jazz standards at cafés. Then, she joined an indie band called Dizzy Spells in 2008, with whom she sang progressive metal.
- She relocated to Los Angeles, California in 2010.
- Kelela had been working as a telemarketer in the past before deciding to quit her job to pursue her career as a musician.
- She released her debut studio album titled Take Me Apart on October 6, 2017. Later, on February 10, 2023, Kelela released her 2nd album titled Raven.
Featured Image By Justin French / Dazed Digital / CC BY-SA 4.0