|Kenny Rogers Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1938|
Kenny Rogers was an American singer, songwriter, actor, record producer, and entrepreneur who sold more than 100 million records worldwide in an illustrious career that spanned more than 6 decades. Although he was hugely popular with country music audiences, his versatility meant that he recorded more than 120 hit singles across various music genres and was renowned as one of the greatest crossover artists of all time. He received numerous accolades, multiple times, at the American Music Awards, the Grammy Awards, the Academy of Country Music Records, and the Country Music Awards. In 2013, he was inducted into the ‘Country Music Hall of Fame’.
Kenneth Ray Rogers
Kenny, The Gambler
Kenny Rogers was born on August 21, 1938.
He died on March 20, 2020, due to natural causes in Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States. He was 81 years old at the time of his death.
Houston, Texas, United States
Kenny had attended the Wharton Elementary School in Houston and then graduated from Jefferson Davis High School in 1956.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Edward Floyd Rogers (d. 1975) (Carpenter)
- Mother – Lucille Lois (née Hester) (d. 1991) (Nurse’s Assistant)
- Siblings – Lelan Rogers (Older Brother) (Record Producer) (d. 2002), Roy Rogers (Brother), Billy Rogers (Brother), Randy Rogers (Brother), Geraldine Rogers (Sister), Barbara Rogers (Sister), Sandy Rogers (Sister)
Country, Pop, Adult Contemporary, Soft Rock, Easy Listening, Jazz, Folk
Vocals, Bass Guitar
- Columbia Records
- Mercury Records
- United Artists Records
- Giant Records
- Reprise Records
- Jolly Rogers
- Atlantic Records
- Liberty Records
- onQ Music
- Curb Records
- RCA Records
- Capitol Records
- Warner Music Inc.
- Warner Records Inc.
- Capitol Records Nashville
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kenny had dated –
- Janice Gordon (1957-1960) – Kenny had married Janice Gordon on May 15, 1958, and they had a daughter together named Carole Lynne. They got divorced in April 1960.
- Jean Massey (1959-1963) – Kenny and Jean Massey got married in October 1960 and parted ways in 1963.
- Margo Anderson (1963-1976) – Kenny and Margo Anderson got married in October 1964. They had a son together named Kenneth Ray Rogers, Jr. (b. 1964). They got divorced in 1976.
- Marianne Gordon (1977-1993) – Kenny and Marianne Gordon got married on October 1, 1977. They had a son together named Christopher Cody (b. 1982). They got divorced in 1993.
- Wanda Miller (1996-2020) – Kenny and Wanda Miller got married on June 1, 1997. They had twin sons named Justin Charles and Jordan Edward (b. 2004). The couple was together till Kenny’s death in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Irish and Native American descent.
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sported a thick beard
- Had a mole on his neck
Kenny Rogers Facts
- One of Kenny’s greatest songs was The Gambler (1978) which earned him a Grammy Award, his 2nd, in 1979 in the category of ‘Best Male Country Vocal Performance’. In 2018, the song was selected to be preserved in the ‘National Recording Registry’ by the Library of Congress.
- His albums titled The Gambler (1978) and Kenny (1979) were both featured in the About.com poll that aimed to select the ‘The 200 Most Influential Country Albums Ever’.
- In 1986, he was voted the ‘Favorite Singer of All Time’ in a joint poll by the readers of both USA Today and People magazines.
- He co-founded a restaurant chain named Kenny Rogers Roasters in a partnership with former KFC CEO John Y. Brown Jr.
Featured Image by Kenny Rogers / Instagram