Chicago, Illinois, USA
Dunn attended University of Illinois Wesleyan and graduated from it in 1977, and later in 2008, he achieved a doctorate from the same school.
- Father – John Dunn (Musician and Poet)
- Mother – Margaret Dunn (nee East) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Nora Dunn (Sister) (Actress / Comedienne)
Kevin is signed with Debi Allen Associates.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Kevin married Katina Alexander in 1986. The couple has one child, Jack Dunn.
Race / Ethnicity
Dunn has English, Scottish, German and Irish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Often plays angry characters
- Often plays fatherly roles
Best Known For
Kevin is best known for his roles as Alan Reed in the comedy Dave (1993), as Stuart Abernathy in Small Soldiers (1998) and Ron Witwicky in the film series Transformers (2007, 2009, 2011).
Dunn first showed up in the TV movie Night of Courage (1987) playing the role of a policeman.
However, the American actor had his first featured appearance in the movie Mississippi Burning as Agent Bird in 1988.
First TV Show
Kevin had his first television appearance in the TV series Jack and Mike in 1986. He played the character of Anthony Kubecek in the episodes titled High Anxiety and Pilot.
Kevin Dunn Facts
- Kevin has appeared in a total of 4 movies produced by the Slovakian director, Ivan Reitman.
- Dunn was originally considered for the character of George Costanza in the TV series Seinfeld in 1989. Officially, the character was then, played by the actor Jason Alexander, and Kevin appeared as Joel Horneck in just one episode titled “Male Unbonding.”
- His documentary movie Kumpania: Flamenco Los Angeles (2011) won 4 awards, including the Audience Award at the Buffalo International Film Festival 2011.
- Dunn played the role of a doctor in one ending scene in the movie Evolution (2001). The scene was never used in the movie.