|Kevin Harrington Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|October 15, 1956
Kevin Harrington is an American entrepreneur, investor, and businessman who is widely regarded as the creator of the modern format of the infomercial – a type of TV commercial that resembles regular TV programming yet is intended to promote/sell a product/service. He is also considered to be one of the most prolific American business investors in the last few decades. In this role, Kevin is said to have helped numerous public and private companies launch more than 1,000 products combined which have led to more than USD 6 billion in global sales. He helps companies of all sizes grow and scale their business in an advisory/consulting role as well and sits on the board of directors for multiple companies. Kevin was also one of the original ‘sharks’ on Shark Tank, a highly popular American reality TV series wherein entrepreneurs make business presentations to a panel of investors (also called ‘sharks’) who decide whether to invest in those companies. He was a judge/shark on the first 2 seasons (August 2009-February 2010 & March-May 2011) of the show. Kevin has also authored several books including Act Now: How I Turn Ideas into Million-Dollar Products (2009), Key Person of Influence: The Five-Step Method to Become One of the Most Highly Valued and Highly Paid People in Your Industry (2015), and Put a Shark in Your Tank: Actionable Steps to Business Success (2017).
The Infomercial Godfather, The Entrepreneur’s Entrepreneur
Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States
Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida, United States
Kevin had attended the Purcell Marian High School, a Catholic parochial school in the East Walnut Hills neighborhood of his hometown of Cincinnati.
Entrepreneur, Investor, Businessman
Kevin Harrington’s net worth had been $400 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, side-cropped hair
- Cheerful smile
- Clean-shaven look
Kevin Harrington Facts
- Kevin shot to fame in 1985 when he created his first infomercial after having identified an opportunity to fill dead air time on cable TV networks, particularly in the late-night and early-morning time slots. Although such programs have been aired by TV broadcasters since 1949, Kevin’s model of entertaining and informative advertising is widely considered to have launched the modern infomercial format.
- He also took advantage of the fact that the Federal Communications Commission (an agency of the US government that regulates communications by radio, TV, wire, satellite, and cable) had recently eliminated regulations that were established in the 1950s and 1960s to govern the commercial content of TV programs. Kevin went on to oversee the launch of several successful infomercials in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
- In 1994, he formed a joint venture with HSN (Home Shopping Network, an American free-to-air TV network) and co-founded a company called HSN Direct International Inc. He served as its CEO and president until 1998.
- In 2002, Kevin founded another organization called Harrington Business Development Inc. He has served on its directorial board and as its president ever since. Around the same time, he also became the chairman of On TV, Inc., a Los Angeles-based video production service.
- Over the next 2 decades, he went on to serve as the chairman/director/CEO of numerous e-commerce, consumer goods, digital media, and marketing companies. All this while, in his role as an investor and advisor, Kevin continued to help budding entrepreneurs launch successful products & services and scale their businesses.
Featured Image by Kevin Harrington / Instagram