Kevin Wesley Love
Santa Monica, California, United States
Kevin went to Lake Oswego High School in Oregon where he competed for the Lake Oswego Lakers.
In July 2006, Love accepted the scholarship from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). After the end of his freshman year, Love decided to forgo his last years at UCLA and entered the 2008 NBA Draft instead.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Stan Love
- Mother – Karen Love
- Siblings – Collin Love (Older Brother), Emily Love (Younger Sister)
- Others – Mike Love (Uncle) (Founder of the band The Beach Boys), Kathleen McCartney Hearst (Aunt) (Former Triathlete)
Love is signed with Jeff Schwartz.
Power Forward / Center
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
114 kg or 251 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Love dated –
- Cody Horn (2014-Present) – Kevin is currently in a relationship with the American actress and model, Cody Horn.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Big body
- Towering height
Kevin Love’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
19 (US) or 18.5 (UK)
In 2011, Kevin penned a contract with the shoe company 361 Degrees.
Love also has been seen in TV commercials about State Farm, Pepsi and the NBA.
Kevin’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Being one of the best scoring power forwards in NBA during his time at Minnesota Timberwolves.
Love is also known for winning the NBA title in 2016 as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
First Basketball Match
Kevin had his NBA debut on October 29, 2008 in a match between Minnesota Timberwolves and Sacramento Kings. Love spent a total of 18:31 minutes on the court, scored 12 points and grabbed a total of 9 rebounds. In the end, his team Minnesota managed to secure the victory with the final score being 98-96.
- Shooting (Especially of catch / spot)
- Post Moves
- Strength and Explosiveness
He has not acted in a theatrical film yet. Has done some documentaries.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Kevin appeared in the TV series Entourage in 2010 as Kevin Love. This was his first TV series as an actor.
Though, in 2008 and 2009, he was seen in sports talk-show Rome Is Burning as himself in 2 episodes. This was his first appearance in any TV show.
When Kevin entered the NBA, his body was not prepared for the intensive schedule. However due to his work ethic, he managed to get a lot stronger, put some quality muscle mass on his body and improve his overall athleticism.
On the internet, there are lots of articles about his way of training. You can check them on the following links –
Kevin Love Favorite Things
- Subjects in School – Business related
- Sport to watch outside Basketball – NFL
- Team – Dallas (NFL)
Source – Espn.go.com
Kevin Love Facts
- He started playing basketball at a young age. Love watched tapes of Wes Unseld, a former NBA star that played for Baltimore / Washington Bullets. He also trained his bounce passes with a cardboard box.
- On an average, Kevin scored 25.3 points and 15.4 rebounds per match during his sophomore year at Lake Oswego.
- He was selected for the Gatorade National Male Athlete of the Year. The same year, Love was chosen in the first-team, Parade All-American.
- Prior to his commitment to UCLA’s sports program, Kevin also thought to play for North Carolina.
- After the 2007-2008 season was over, Kevin was chosen to the first team All-American team and for the Pac-10 Player of the Year, All-Pac-10 and Pac-10 Freshman of the Year.
- At the 2008 NBA Draft, Love was drafted fifth overall by the Memphis Grizzlies. He was later traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- After his debut season in the NBA, Love was selected to the 2009 NBA All-Rookie Second Team. He also ended up on the sixth place in the Rookie of the Year voting.
- During the 2009-2010 season, he was invited at USA’s National team mini-camp which was held in Nevada, Las Vegas from July 22 until July 25 (during the off-season).
- He appeared in the 2010 NBA All-Star Weekend Rookie Challenge.
- On January 25, 2012, Love extended his contract with Timberwolves for another four years for a price of 62 million dollars.
- On August 23, 2014, Kevin was part of a three-team trade between Cleveland Cavaliers, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Philadelphia 76ers. He ended up being sent to Cleveland in substitute for Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.
- On July 9, 2015, Love extended his contract with the Cavaliers.
- He played for the USA at the 2010 FIBA World Championship, where the Americans achieved the gold medal. Love also played at the 2012 Olympic games in London where again USA’s team finished first.
- He invested money in the lifestyle website named 12Society.
- He was featured on the cover of NCAA Basketball 09 video game.
- In 2009, Kevin joined the St. Jude charity program and helped the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Follow Kevin on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google+.