|Kieran Trippier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1990|
Kieran Trippier has emerged out of lower league grind to become an important member of the Tottenham Hotspur and England National Team. He had started his career with the Manchester City‘s youth setup before it was overhauled by the Abu Dhabi money. After leaving the club, he had to deliver consistent performances for Barnsley and Burnley before he got an opportunity to show his talent in the premier league. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Kieran John Trippier
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Kieran Trippier went to the Holcombe Brook Primary School. He left the school in 2002 and got admission at the Woodhey High School, where he studied for 5 years and completed his schooling.
He started his soccer journey in the youth academy of Manchester City.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Chris Trippier
- Mother – Eleanor Lomax
- Siblings – Chris Trippier (Older Brother), Curtis Trippier (Older Brother), Kelvin Lomax (Older Brother) (Former Professional Soccer Player)
Kieran Trippier is represented by Stellar Group.
Right Back, Right wing-back
54 – Manchester City
2 – Burnley FC, Tottenham Hotspur, England National Team
16 – Tottenham Hotspur
12- England National Team
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kieran Trippier has dated –
- Charlotte Trippier – Kieran got engaged to his longtime girlfriend Charlotte in June 2015. He had proposed to her during their vacation in Cyprus. They got married in June 2016 in an intimate and romantic wedding ceremony. In December 2016, she gave birth to their son, Jacob.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
Kieran Trippier has signed an endorsement deal with Nike. He is required to wear their cleats and use their other products for his professional matches and other public engagements.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Scoring a stunning free kick against Croatia in England’s 2018 FIFA World Cup match
- Having consistently played in the English Top Flight for more than 4 seasons. He started his journey with unfashionable but sturdy Burnley before moving to Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham Hotspur.
First Soccer Match
- In February 2010, he made his professional debut with Barnsley in a Championship match against Middlesbrough. His side lost the match by 2-1.
- In August 2011, he made his first professional appearance for Burnley in a home match against Watford, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
- In June 2017, Trippier made his debut for the England National Team in a friendly match against France. His side lost the match by 3-2.
- Free kicks
- Set pieces
- Defensive positioning
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the football matches, Kieran Trippier made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, Good Morning Britain in June 2018.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Kieran Trippier Favorite Things
- Idol – David Beckham
Source – Manchester Evening News
Kieran Trippier Facts
- He was a member of Woodhey High School‘s soccer team, which went on to win 1 Greater Manchester Trophy and 2 Bury Cups.
- His family members are Manchester United fans and he was scouted by United when he was 8 years old. But, he eventually decided to join their derby rivals Manchester City as he had friends there and their academy was local for him.
- He joined Manchester City youth setup at the age of 9 and by 2007, he had signed his first professional contract with the club.
- He made 41 appearances for Barnsley in his loan stint with the club in the 2010-11 season. At the end of the season, he was also selected as the “Young Player of the Year” by the club.
- In January 2012, Burnley FC decided to make his loan move permanent as they paid undisclosed fees to Manchester City for his services. He signed a 3 and a half years contract with the club.
- The 2011-12 season was his first full season with Burnley FC and he played 46 league games for the club. At the end of the season, he was crowned as the “Burnley Player of the Year”.
- At the end of 2013-14 season, he was selected in the Championship PFA Team of the Year. This was his consecutive selection in the “Team of the Year”.
- Amidst interest from Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal, Burnley got him to sign a 3-year extension deal in May 2014, which extended his stay at the club until 2017.
- In June 2015, Tottenham paid Burnley £3.5 million to sign Trippier. He was London-based club’s second summer signing. However, as Kyle Walker was in prime form, he only got to make 6 appearances in the premier league in the season.
- In the summer of 2016, he was heavily linked with a move to Southampton as he struggled for a game-time with Spurs. However, he refuted these rumors and claimed that he was happy to fight for his place at Spurs.
- In June 2017, Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy got Trippier to sign a 5-year contract extension to commit him to the club until 2022. As Kyle Walker had moved to City, he was promised a starting spot in the team.
- When he scored a goal against Croatia with his beautiful freekick in the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he became the 3rd English player after Sir Bobby Charlton and Gary Lineker to score in the World Cup semi-final.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Cyril Venediktov / www.soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0