|Kilo Kish Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kilo Kish is an American singer, songwriter, and visual artist who has published a solo studio album titled Reflections in Real Time (February 2016), a mixtape titled K+ (February 2013), and multiple EPs including Homeschool (April 2012), Across (July 2014), Across Remixes (January 2015), mothe (September 2018), and REDUX (December 2019).
Lakisha Kimberly Robinson
Kilo Kish, KK
Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kilo Kish had attended the Glen Rock Elementary School in Bergen County, New Jersey, and had later graduated from the Winter Park High School in her hometown of Orlando. Around this time, she had earned a partial scholarship to join the Pratt Institute, a private art university in Brooklyn, New York.
She was undergoing a foundation program in fine arts there but had faced issues with her financial aid in the 2nd year. This had forced her to take a year off after which she had enrolled herself, in 2010, in the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), a public college in New York City. She had graduated from there in 2012.
Singer, Songwriter, Visual Artist
- Siblings – She has an older brother.
Art Pop, Experimental Hip Hop, Psychedelic Pop, Neo-Psychedelia, New Wave
- Blacksmith Recordings
- Kisha Soundscape + Audio
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair pink, blonde, light brown, or red.
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
Kilo Kish Facts
- Her stage name, Kilo Kish, is a combination of Kish (what her father used to call her) and Kilo Ali, the name of a rapper she was inspired by.
- When she was in the 5th grade, she had auditioned to join a singing group called D’Angelz.
- During her time in New York City, when she was pursuing high studies, her roommates Smash Simmons and Mell McCloud had set up an in-home studio, later starting a musical project called the Kool Kats Klub. Although Kilo Kish was not much of a musical artist by this time, she had jokingly freestyled over a beat one night and this was captured by Smash Simmons.
- This recording was circulated online and many listeners had appreciated the passionate half-sung/half-vocal lyrical style. It eventually came to the attention of the music fraternity and she got the chance to meet record producer and singer-songwriter Matt Martians of the neo-soul band The Internet. They went on to collaborate on Ode to a Dream, a song by The Internet; and Want you Still, a song by the production duo The Jet Age of Tomorrow of which Matt is one half.
- Her debut EP, titled Homeschool, was labeled as one of the best albums of 2012 by Complex, an American media/entertainment company.
- She has also pursued other interests besides music. She has launched a lifestyle label called KSA and has curated Real-Safe, a performance/exhibition that had debuted at the HVW8 Art + Design Gallery in Los Angeles. As of September 2021, she had also produced 2 capsule fashion collections.
Featured Image by Kilo Kish / Instagram