|Kim Woo-bin Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1989|
Kim Woo-bin is a South Korean actor known for his superior acting skills in popular TV shows and films like Uncontrollably Fond, Twenty, The Con Artists, Friend: The Great Legacy, School 2013, and The Heirs. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Banana Milk CF, Powerade, Domino’s Pizza, and has served as the brand ambassador for Calvin Klein Watches + Jewelry.
Seoul, South Korea
Kim Woo-bin went to the Jeonju University.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
Kim Woo-bin is represented by SidusHQ.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kim Woo-bin has dated –
- Yoo Ji-ahn (2011-2014) – Kim first met model Yoo Ji-ahn in 2011 while working together for a magazine photoshoot. They started dating soon after. But they opted to keep their relationship secret for a long period of time. After making their relationship public in September 2013, they didn’t survive even for half a year. They ended their relationship in January 2014.
- Shin Min-a (2015-Present) – As per reports, Woo-bin started dating actress Shin Min-a in May 2015. They made their relationship public in July. They met during a photo shoot for Giordano. She stood by his side after he was diagnosed with cancer. It was also reported that whenever she had time in her busy schedule, she used to rush to the hospital to be by his side.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean ancestry.
- Tall height
- Toned physique
- Dashing good looks
Kim Woo-bin has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Banana Milk CF
- Maxim Mocha Gold
- Domino’s Pizza
He has also served as a brand ambassador for Calvin Klein Watches + Jewelry.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the leading role opposite Bae Suzy in the romantic drama TV series, Uncontrollably Fond.
- Having played leading roles in commercially successful movies such as Twenty, The Con Artists, and Friend: The Great Legacy.
- Being featured in important roles in popular TV shows such as School 2013 and The Heirs.
As a Singer
In 2016, he lent his voice to the songs Picture in My Head and Do You Know, which were part of the soundtrack album of his TV series, Uncontrollably Fond.
In 2012, he made his theatrical film debut in a cameo role in the action comedy movie, Runway Cop.
First TV Show
In 2011, Kim Woo-bin made his first TV show appearance in the South Korean drama TV series, White Christmas.
Kim Woo-bin regularly works out to hone his body into a perfect shape. However, in his interview with Soompi, he claimed that he often receives a lot of unwanted attention in the gym, which has forced him to set up a gym at his home.
Kim Woo-bin Favorite Things
- Food – Deokbokki (Spicy Rice Cakes), Jajangmyeon (Noodle Dish), and Pizza
Source – Drama Fever
Kim Woo-bin Facts
- He started his modeling career while he was still studying in high school. He eventually made his debut on the fashion runway at the age of 20.
- While studying in high school, he used to perform well in academics. In fact, he was often amongst the top students in his class.
- Early in his career, he honed his acting skills under the tutelage of acting coach Moon Won-joo.
- When he was signed up by Calvin Klein Watches + Jewelry for the promotional campaign, he became the first East Asian model to be hired by the brand.
- In May 2017, he was diagnosed with Nasopharynx cancer, which is common in males and more common in the certain areas of East Asia and Africa. Soon after, his representative agency issued a statement revealing that Kim had dropped all his professional commitments to undertake drug and radiation treatment.
- Early in his acting career, he was regularly rejected by a host of directors and producers, who weren’t satisfied with his acting skills. Only after working with Moon Won-joo, he was able to bag significant roles.
- In April 2017, it was revealed that he had been made Honorary Ambassador for the 2018 Winter Olympics. In October 2017, he had to pull out of his ambassadorial duties because of his ongoing cancer treatment.
- He got his acting breakthrough with his role in the TV drama, School 2013.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Yoon Min-hoo / Tistory / CC BY-4.0