|Kitty Flanagan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Year of Birth||1968|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Kitty Flanagan is an Australian comedian, writer, and actress who has performed in live shows and at comedy festivals around the world. She is also well recognized for her work in the sketch comedy TV series Full Frontal (1995–1996) and the news/current affairs and talk show TV panel program The Project (2009–2014); as well as her portrayal of Rhonda Stewart in the comedy TV series Utopia (2014–2019).
Kitty Flanagan was born in the year 1968.
Manly, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Kitty had attended the Monte Sant’Angelo Mercy College, an independent Roman Catholic secondary day school for girls, in North Sydney.
Comedian, Writer, Actress
- Father – John Flanagan (Author)
- Mother – Leonie Flanagan
- Siblings – Penny Flanagan (Younger Sister) (Singer, Songwriter, Author), Michael Flanagan (Younger Brother) (Chef, Owner of a Coffee Shop in Japan)
She is represented by Artie Laing, Manager and Booking Agent, A-List Entertainment, Comedy Touring & Management Agency, Sydney New South Wales, Australia.
Sketch Comedy, Autobiographical Comedy, Observational Comedy, Character Comedy, Multi-Media Supported Comedy, Comedy Songs
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, curly hair
- Gleaming face
Kitty Flanagan Facts
- She had once mentioned in an interview that she was first drawn towards comedy while she was in middle school. This was after she had participated in a school musical production of Alice In Wonderland wherein she had played the role of a bunny who was pretending to fall asleep.
- When she was 21 years old, she had undertaken a road trip around Australia and had enjoyed her time in Western Australia so much that she had moved there and lived in the Perth suburb of Cottesloe for a couple of years before staying in the Western Australian coastal cities of Bunbury and Geraldton.
- She had started her career as an occasional newsreader and weather presenter at a country radio station. During this time, she had also waited tables and had worked at a crayfish factory.
- Kitty had then briefly worked as a physical education teacher before switching to the advertising industry in 1989. She had worked for about 5 years as an advertising agency copywriter when she was fired from her job in June 1993.
- Kitty had then worked as a bartender at a hotel which was where she had tried her hand at stand-up comedy for the first time after attending an open mic night at the hotel. She had then started her comedy career in 1994 by doing a stand-up act at an open mic night at the Harold Park Hotel in Sydney. The performance had helped her land a spot in the final of the hotel’s ‘Comic of the Year’ competition where she had stood 3rd.
- In December 1994, she had been spotted by the producer of the sketch comedy TV series Full Frontal. She had joined the cast of the show in 1995, as both a writer and a performer, thus beginning her career in the entertainment industry.
Featured Image by Kitty Flanagan / Instagram