|Koa Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1996|
Koa Smith is an American surfer and model who came into prominence after he got featured on MTV’s Teen Cribs as a 14-year-old. He gained further popularity by becoming the National Scholastic Surfing Association National Champion, multiple times. He has appeared in a number of films like View from a Blue Moon (2015) and has starred in numerous TV shows including the ABC reality program The Ultimate Surfer (2021). Smith has garnered more than 260k followers on Instagram.
Hawaii, United States
- Siblings – Travis (Older Brother) (Model), Alex (Older Brother) (Surfer), Nathan (Brother)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Jessica Strother – He began dating Jessica in November 2017. They eventually broke up.
- Tatiana Dieteman
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp nose
- Defined jawline
He has been sponsored by many well-known labels such as Nike, and has uploaded many paid partnership Instagram posts for various brands like Celsius.
Koa Smith Favorite Things
- Place – Yosemite National Park, that has blown his mind
Source – Instagram
Koa Smith Facts
- He bagged the 2015 VMAN/Ford Model search contest and landed the cover of V Magazine.
- Koa has liked to watch Wim Hoff YouTube videos, in which he walks the audience through different lengths of the breathing that can be done. He has laid down while Hoff has gone through the entire breathing experience, and had a lot of fun learning about the finest little hack ever.
- Smith has stated that when he went into The Ultimate Surfer, it had seemed to be a roll of the dice and he had thought that trying to do a reality TV show on surfing could be a hard one. He had no idea if drama or relationships were going to get focused on or really what was going to happen, and had been relieved to see that the program was more focused on the surfing aspect along with the competition.
- While taking part in The Ultimate Surfer, he had found the whole controlled environment of the wave pool, instead of the ocean, to be special and appealing. He believed that the audience can relate to it more as it is basically the same thing every time. He has added that it was many weeks of filming at a stretch, every single day with him and other participants being surveilled 24 hours a day. Koa was surprised to notice that there were cameras everywhere possible, from the RVs to every secret nook and the competitors had microphones around their necks that led to anything they uttered getting documented. He had gradually got used to the lifestyle.
- Koa has been fond of bullet coffee having relished having a nice big one every morning.
- He has affirmed that he has cherished doing a consistent vlog that has shown his day-to-day life. He has set himself a limit, that has let him be on social media for an hour every day. However, at times, he has ignored that depending on what is going on, but he has preferred to abide by it in order to ensure he never gets stuck in the vortex.
Featured Image by Koa Smith / Instagram