|Konnie Huq Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Konnie Huq is a British television and radio presenter, screenwriter, and children’s author who became the longest-serving female presenter of the British children’s television program Blue Peter. She has also been a part of numerous other projects which include 2point4 Children, Eat Your Words, 8 out of 10 Cats, Blockbusters, The Kumars at No 42, Milkshake!, The Tube, UK Top 40, Comic Relief Does Fame Academy, M.I.High, Robin Hood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, New York Fashion Week, London Talking, UK School Games, Your News, The Weakest Link, Charlie Brooker’s Screenwipe, When Beauty Goes Wrong, Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old?, Zoo Days, Guinness World Records Smashed, Hannah-Oke, The Daily Politics, The Wright Stuff, The Archive Hour: Open Sesame, The Xtra Factor, Mind Your Language, This Week, 71 Degrees North, Would I Lie to You?, Lonely Planet, Pointless Celebrities, The Real Hustle: Celebrity Chancers, Shocked Britain, King of the Nerds, This Morning, The Penguin Podcast, Good Omens, and The One Show.
Kanak Asha Huq
Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Huq attended Notting Hill & Ealing High School in London. But, left the school after getting A-levels in physics, chemistry, and mathematics and nine GCSEs.
She was good at sciences but still chose to study economics and finally graduated with a 2:1 from Robinson College, Cambridge.
TV Presenter, Writer, Children’s Author, Radio Presenter
- Siblings – Rupa Huq (Older Sister) (Writer, columnist, Labour Party politician), Nutun Huq (Older Sister)
Huq has been signed to –
- ROAR Global Management (formerly Shalit Global)
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Bonnier Books UK, Book Publisher, London, England, United Kingdom
Her net worth has been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Konnie Huq has dated –
- Charlie Brooker (2009-Present) – Konnie started dating English satirist and broadcaster Charlie Brooker in 2009. After a nine-month-long relationship, Konnie and Charlie married at Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas on July 26, 2010. The couple welcomed their first child, Covey on March 23, 2012, and a second child on February 28, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Bengali ancestry. Her mom and dad are from Bangladesh and emigrated to London, England in the 1960s.
- Mole mark on her right cheek
- Beauty spot on the butt
35-24-34 in or 89-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in an HIV awareness advertisement.
Best Known For
Presenting CBBC children’s television program Blue Peter from December 1, 1997, until January 23, 2008.
First TV Show
In her lifetime, she has presented lot many shows such as TVFM (1991), Eat Your Words (1993), The Mag (1997), Milkshake! (1997), Blue Peter (1997-2008), and many others.
She loves chocolate and a big breakfast. She eats mostly healthy food. On one of her typical day breakfasts, she had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs on toast and a cup of tea.
She loves to drink warm water throughout the day.
She has a celebrity crush on Dermot Murnaghan (Newsreader) and Boris Johnson (British Conservative Party politician).
Konnie Huq Favorite Things
- Food – Mum’s roast chicken
Source – DigitalSpy.co.uk
Konnie Huq Facts
- Huq’s father expected her to marry a Muslim boy but she married a British broadcaster.
- Out of the three sisters, Konnie is the only one not to have an arranged marriage.
- Konnie was born to Sunni Muslim Bangladeshi parents.
- She presented the children’s TV program Blue Peter for just more than 10 years and became the longest-serving female presenter of Blue Peter.
- She is Simon Cowell‘s favorite TV presenter.
- In less than a minute, Konnie pinned 17 Blue Peter badges on Andy Akinwolere’s shirt, which is a Guinness World Record.
- In 1992, when she was still in school, she appeared in the game show Blockbusters as a contestant with her friend Sarah. The duo got eliminated in the 2nd episode.
- Konnie also received an offer from Playboy and Loaded to pose topless for £500,000 in the past. She turned down the offer due to her family’s religious background.
- Konnie replaced Holly Willoughby in the seventh series of ITV2’s The Xtra Factor.
- When she was leaving Blue Peter in early 2008, she naively said that she want to do adult TV and in a short span of time, she was flooded with lots of offers.
- She has also authored many books including Cookie and the Most Annoying Boy in the World, Cookie and the Most Annoying Girl in the World, and Fearless Fairy Tales.