|Kristian Nairn Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1975|
Kristian Nairn is a Northern Irish actor and DJ who is best known for starring as Hodor in the HBO action-adventure fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones. He is also a well-known DJ and has worked with the likes of pop-rock band Scissor Sisters. Nairn has a massive social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and over 380k followers on Twitter.
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Actor, DJ, Guitarist
Kristian Nairn is represented by Hatch Talent Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
He has released his music via Radikal Records.
6 ft 10½ in or 209.5 cm
130 kg or 286.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt & Pepper
- Several tattoos
- Imposing physique
Kristian Nairn has appeared in a couple of commercials for brands like KFC and eToro.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Hodor in the HBO fantasy fiction adventure drama series, Game of Thrones
- Appearing in other TV shows like Ripper Street (2012-2013) as Barnaby Silver, Chronicles of Comic Con (2013) as himself, The Wil Wheaton Project (2014) as himself /Hodor, and The Rookie (2018)
- Playing several roles in films like Our Gay Wedding (2014) as himself, The Four Warriors (2015) as Baliphar, Mythica: The Godslayer (2016) as Tek, The Appearance (2018) as Johnny, and Robin Hood: The Rebellion (2018) as Thomas
As a Singer
He released his single, Bigger, in August 2017 via Radikal Records.
Kristian Nairn made his feature film debut as Baliphar in the fantasy adventure film, Four Warriors, in 2015.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Hodor in the fantasy action adventure series, Game of Thrones, in 2011.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut in the comedy talk-show, YoGPoD, in 2011.
Kristian Nairn Favorite Things
- Fan Encounter – When he visited Perth, Australia and had a group of fans waiting for him
- Character From Game of Thrones – Cersei
- Death In Game of Thrones – Ramsay Bolton’s death
- Episode From Game of Thrones – ‘The Door’
Source – winteriscoming.net, Culturated.com
Kristian Nairn Facts
- He used to work as a DJ for a Belfast based gay club named Kremlin.
- His character, Hodor, in Game of Thrones became one of the fan favorites.
- Neurological experts have stated that Hodor suffered from a disease called Expressive Aphasia a.k.a. Broca’s Aphasia. The patient suffers from a loss to design language and is only able to speak very few words while understanding almost everything that is said to them.
- He found out about the death of his character in GoT through one of his friends on the sets.
- Nairn has revealed that he is a huge Comic-Con fan and loves reading comic books.
- His preferred genres for movies and television shows are sci-fi, fantasy, and horror.
- During BlizzCon 2016 anniversary party, Nairn served as the DJ. He also enjoyed DJing for BlizzCon 2018 closing festivities.
- Had he not been an actor, he would have been a sign language expert.
- Visit his official website @ kristiannairn.com.
- Follow Kristian Nairn on Instagram, Facebook, SoundCloud, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0