|Kyler Murray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kyler Murray is an American professional football player who has represented, as a quarterback, the Arizona Cardinals (2019–Present) in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted first overall by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2019 NFL Draft and was named the ‘NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year’ for the 2019 season. He was also included in the ‘PFWA (Pro Football Writers of America) All-Rookie Team’. The following season, he was included in the ‘Pro Bowl’, the annual all-star game of the NFL.
Kyler Cole Murray
Bedford, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
Kyler had graduated, in 2014, from the Allen High School, a public secondary school in Allen, Texas. In 2015, he had joined the Texas A&M University, a public land-grant research university in College Station, Texas. There, he had played college football for the Texas A&M Aggies team for one season before taking a transfer to The University of Oklahoma, a public research university in Norman, Oklahoma.
There, he had played college football as well as baseball, as an outfielder, for the Oklahoma Sooners team. Following the 2018 season, he had decided to forgo his senior year and enter the NFL Draft.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Kevin Murray (High School Football Coach, Former American Football Player)
- Mother – Misun ‘Missy’ Murray (née Henderson)
- Siblings – Precious Murray (Sister), Kevin Murray, Jr. (Brother)
- Others – Calvin Duane Murray (Paternal Uncle) (Former Professional Baseball Player), Devin Duvernay (Cousin) (Professional American Football Player) Donovan Duvernay (Cousin) (American Football Player)
1 – Arizona Cardinals
Kyler Murray’s net worth had been $13 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
He is of African-American descent and part Korean descent through his maternal grandmother.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped afro hair
- Sports a rugged beard
Kyler Murray Facts
- He had won the 2014 ‘Gatorade Football Player of the Year’ award in his high school senior year.
- In 2018, his last college football season, he was named the starting quarterback of his college football team. He had made a startling impact on the team’s performance, leading his conference in passing yards and touchdowns. He had also set the ‘Big 12’ single-season passer rating record with a 199.2 passer rating.
- Kyler was eventually named the ‘AP College Football Player of the Year’ and was awarded the prestigious ‘Heisman Trophy’ (awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States) for his stellar performance. He had also won the ‘Davey O’Brien Award’ (presented annually to the collegiate American football player judged by the Davey O’Brien Foundation to be the best of all National Collegiate Athletic Association quarterbacks).
- In addition to being drafted first overall by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2019 NFL Draft, he was also drafted 9th overall by the Oakland Athletics in the 2018 MLB (Major League Baseball) Draft. This had made him the first player ever to be selected in the first rounds of the draft in both these sports.
Featured Image by Kyler Murray / Instagram