|Lance Stroll Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1998|
Lance Stroll is a Canadian professional racing driver who, in 2017, became the then 2nd-youngest driver, after Max Verstappen, to finish a Formula One race on the podium when he achieved 3rd place at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. He was also the then-youngest driver to achieve a podium in his rookie F1 season. Before joining the premier F1 tier, he had won the Italian F4 Championship in 2014, the Toyota Racing Series in 2015, and the FIA Formula 3 European Championship in 2016.
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Lawrence Stroll (Businessman, Owner of the Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Co-owner of Aston Martin and Racing Point F1 Team)
- Mother – Claire-Anne Callens (Fashion Designer)
- Siblings – Chloe Stroll (Older Sister) (Singer, Songwriter)
Formula One Teams
Lance has raced for –
- Scuderia Ferrari (2015) (Development Driver)
- Williams Martini Racing (2016) (Development Driver)
- Williams Martini Racing (2017-2018)
- SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team (2019-Present)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian-Jewish descent on his father’s side and Belgian descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Sports a Mullett
- Slanted left eye
- Often sports a rugged beard
Lance Stroll Facts
- He began his racing career with karting at the age of 10, in 2008. The same year, he won the ‘Federation de Sport Automobile du Quebec Rookie of the Year’ award and in 2009, he was named ‘Driver of the Year’. He was a member of the renowned Ferrari Driver Academy from 2010 to 2015.
- In 2015, he became the then second-youngest driver to be signed by a Formula One team when he was selected by Scuderia Ferrari as a development driver.
- In 2017, he became the first Canadian to be signed for a full season of competitive F1 racing since Jacques Villeneuve. Coincidentally, both drivers started their competitive F1 careers with the Williams racing team.
- In September 2017, when he secured 2nd place on the starting grid for the Italian Grand Prix, he became the then-youngest F1 driver to start on the front row of a race.
- Although he holds both Belgian and Canadian citizenship, he has always competed under the Canadian flag. In 2020, however, he was forced to race under an American license after Canada’s national sporting authority resigned its mandate from the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile). It was explained later that he would still be shown as Canadian for official scoring purposes.
Featured Image by Lance Stroll / Instagram