|Larry Ellison Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1944|
Larry Ellison is an American businessman and investor who is best known as the co-founder, executive chairman, CTO, and former CEO of Oracle Corporation, an American multinational computer technology corporation.
Lawrence Joseph Ellison
New York City, New York, United States
Lanai, Hawaii, United States
Larry had attended the South Shore High School, a public 4–year selective enrollment school in Chicago. After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, a public land-grant research university in Illinois in the twin cities of Champaign and Urbana, as a premed student.
Larry had dropped out without taking the final exams after his sophomore year because his adoptive mother had just died. He had then joined the University of Chicago, a private research university in Chicago. He had studied physics and mathematics there for one term but had not taken any exams.
- Father – His biological father was a United States Army Air Corps pilot.
- Mother – Florence Spellman
- Others – Sandra Lynn Modic (Daughter-in-Law) (Actress, Singer), Kira Craft (Ex-Sister-in-Law), Lillian Spellman (Adoptive Mother) (Deceased), Louis Ellison (Adoptive Father) (Government Employee) (Deceased)
In February 2022, Larry Ellison’s net worth was $112.1 billion according to Forbes.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Larry has dated –
- Adda Quinn (1967-1974) – Larry had married a woman named Adda Quinn in 1967. They got divorced in 1974.
- Nancy Wheeler Jenkins (1977-1978) – He had married Nancy Wheeler Jenkins in 1977, about 6 months before he had founded Software Development Laboratories. They got divorced in 1978 and Nancy had given up any claim on Larry’s company for USD 500.
- Barbara Boothe (1983-1986) – Larry got married to Barbara Boothe, a former receptionist at Relational Software Inc. (RSI), in 1983. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Megan Ellison (b. January 31, 1986) (Film Producer, Entrepreneur, Founder of Annapurna Pictures) and a son named David Ellison (b. January 9, 1983) (Film Producer, Founder and CEO of Skydance Media). Larry and Barbara had parted ways in 1986.
- Julie Hayek
- Allison Giannini (2001-2003)
- Melanie Craft (2003-2010) – Larry had married romance novelist Melanie Craft on December 18, 2003. Steve Jobs, Larry’s good friend and co-founder of Apple Inc., was the official wedding photographer. The pair had parted ways in 2010.
- Nikita Kahn (2010-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Sports a rugged beard
- Spotted face
- Has a mole under his right eye
Larry Ellison Facts
- When Larry was 9 months old, he had contracted pneumonia. His unwed mother had then given him to her aunt and uncle for adoption. He did not meet his biological mother again until he was 48 years old.
- In 1966, he had moved to Berkeley, California. There, in the early 1970s, he had worked at Ampex, an American electronics company. Around this time, he had become interested in relational database design which had led to the formation of a software company in 1977 which later became known as Oracle.
- He had made a brief cameo appearance in the 2010 superhero movie Iron Man 2.
- The same year, he had acquired a 50% share of the BNP Paribas Open, an annual tennis tournament held in March at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, California.
- He is a licensed pilot and has owned several aircraft including at least two military jets – the Italian training aircraft SIAI-Marchetti S.211 and a decommissioned Soviet fighter MiG-29.
- Larry is 98% owner of Lanai, the sixth-largest of the Hawaiian Islands, and the 43rd largest island in the United States. He had purchased the island in June 2012 and had moved there, leaving California, in December 2020.
Featured Image by Larry Ellison / Instagram