|Laura Robson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1994|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Laura Robson is a British tennis player who shot to fame after winning Wimbledon Junior Girls’ Championship just at the age of 14. She is referred to as the “Queen of Wimbledon” and “new darling” of British tennis by the British media. Her first junior Grand Slam was at the Wimbledon girls’ event where she played as an unseeded player. She won her first ITF Women’s Circuit tournament in November 2008. Laura also became the first British woman since Jo Durie (in 1990) to reach a WTA main-tour final at the 2012 Guangzhou Women’s Open.
Robbo, Lozza, Laurita
London, England, United Kingdom
Laura joined a tennis academy at age 7 to master the various facets of the game.
Later, she was coached by multiple coaches including Carl Maes, the head of the Lawn Tennis Association.
She was homeschooled.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Andrew Robson (Oil Executive)
- Mother – Kathy Robson (Sports Coach and Former Professional Basketball Player)
- Siblings – Nick Robson (Brother) (Professional Swimmer), Emily (Sister)
She is managed by Octagon.
Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- Winning silver in the mixed doubles competition at the 2012 London Olympics alongside Andy Murray
- Being the first British woman since Samantha Smith at Wimbledon in 1998 to reach the 4th round of a Grand Slam tournament
- Winning the Wimbledon Junior Girls’ Championship when she was only 14 years old
First Tennis Match
Robson played her first tournament in May 2007, on the Junior ITF Circuit. She was able to reach the quarterfinals in the tournament.
First TV Show
Laura made her TV show debut on June 25, 2011, in the news series Breakfast.
Her fitness trainer is Mark Wellington.
Laura Robson Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Color – Electric blue
- Book – Harry Potter
Source – Facebook
Laura Robson Facts
- She turned professional tennis player at the age of 14.
- Steffi Graf is her tennis idol.
- Laura was the first Briton to win the Wimbledon girls’ title since Annabel Croft in 1984. She admitted feeling pressure while playing in front of such a large audience.
- After winning Junior Wimbledon, she asked the retired Russian tennis player Marat Safin to accompany her to the champions’ ball, but he politely declined her proposal.
- Robson inherits the genes for sports from her mother who was also involved in sports.
- Adidas signed her when she was only 11 after recognizing a budding talent.
- Cyclist Lance Armstrong and swimmer Michael Phelps are the athletes she admires the most.
- She wanted to be a baker when she was young and she even slept with cookie books under her pillows.
- She used to play the saxophone.
- Laura adores dog, especially her own, and keeps posting their pictures on her social media accounts.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Kate / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0