|Laura Rutledge Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1988|
Laura Rutledge is an American journalist, reporter, and TV host, best known for her appearances on CNN International, ESPN, and Fox Network channels first as a sideline reporter for Fox Sports in 2012 and later as a post-game show host for the ESPN channel in 2014. In 2013, after working for the Fox Sports San Diego, she started hosting a TV show named Chargers Insider, dedicated to the San Diego Chargers, an American football team, and later started producing and hosting another show dedicated to them, named SDLive. After being picked up and hired by SEC Network in summer 2014, Laura began doing fieldwork in order to report as many football events as she could, and because SEC Network offered her the opportunity to cover college sports, she eagerly accepted.
In early 2019, she began hosting a sport-entertainment program titled Tell my SEC Story, which encourages her viewers and fans of the network to send personal stories that will later be recorded and broadcast on the SEC channel. Apart from being a successful journalist and host, she was awarded for her good looks, first by winning the Miss Florida beauty pageant in 2012 and then managing to reach the top 16 placement at the Miss America 2013 competition. Due to a combination of stunning looks and captivating reporting skills, Laura has amassed more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on her Twitter page.
St. Petersburg, Florida, United States
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Laura attended Celebration High School in Celebration, Florida, United States.
After graduation, she enrolled in the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, United States and majored in broadcast journalism in 2011.
TV Host, Reporter
- Father – Robert McKeeman
- Mother – Deborah McKeeman
- Siblings – Alyssa McKeeman (Sister) (Mental Health Counselor)
- Others – Emmie McKeeman (Grandmother)
Laura Rutledge is represented by Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and New York, New York, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Rutledge has dated –
- Josh Rutledge (2011-Present) – Laura met the Colorado Rockies and Boston Red Sox baseball player in 2011 through a mutual friend, but she never specified the exact date or the month. They got married on December 7, 2013. As of January 2019, they live together in Birmingham, Alabama, United States, and successfully survive being apart due to work circumstances by FaceTiming each other as often as they can.
Race / Ethnicity
Laura Rutledge has American ancestry.
She often colors her hair roots ‘Light Brown’ or ‘Ombre’.
- Tall, slim physique
- Blonde hair
- Thin lips
Laura Rutledge endorsed brands such as –
- Blue Delta Jean Co. (2017)
- Wandering Coast Boutique (2017)
- Tamara Mellon Shoes (2018)
- Pilot Flying J (2018)
- Jordans (2018)
- FabFitFun (2018)
Laura Rutledge promoted charities such as –
- Live Lokai (2017)
- Tim Tebow Foundation (2018)
- American Heart Association (2019)
Best Known For
- Being the host and reporter for CNN International, SEC Network, and ESPN television shows and events
- Starring in SDLive, an original show that she produced and hosted on Fox Sports San Diego
- Being a beauty pageant winner for Miss Florida 2012 title
- Entering top 16 placement at the beauty pageant Miss America 2013 for Florida
- Being a reporter for various games on Fox Sports and Fox College Football channel
First TV Show
Laura Rutledge made her first TV show appearance as herself on the broadcast of the Tampa Bay Rays game on the Fox Sports channel in early 2012.
Laura cannot fit a consistent workout routine due to a very strict and busy schedule with her job as a host and reporter. She wakes up at 5 AM every morning and drinks a Nespresso. At 11:00 AM, she heads to a Brazilian coffee shop to drink a cortado and eat cheese bread as breakfast in order to keep her body sustained with energy.
She occasionally takes a 20-minute power nap in the afternoon, around 3:00-4:00 PM, and later goes to either an Italian restaurant or orders sushi in order to consume enough proteins for the day, as well as prevent muscle loss and keep her weight in check.
Laura Rutledge Favorite Things
- Activity – Horse Riding, Dancing, Traveling, Dressing Up, Ballet, Writing
- Place – Beach, Farm
- Farm – Chattooga Belle Farm in Long Creek, South Carolina, United States
- Animal – Dog
- Quote – “To teach is to learn twice over.”
Laura Rutledge Facts
- Both of her parents were fans of college football, which is what contributed to her love for sports. Even though she didn’t take part in playing a lot of sports while growing up, she loved watching sports on TV.
- She attended the University of Florida instead of Florida State University because of a much better communications program, as she wanted to be a sports journalist after she graduated high school.
- During her 1st year at the university, she was hired to be a radio jockey for the main college campus radio station named WRUF.
- Dick Enberg, a well-known sports broadcaster, was her mentor when she was new to the world of reporting at the age of 24. He passed away in late December 2017, and Laura posted a heartfelt message to him, accompanied by a picture of the two together.
- She was interviewed by both Fox Sports and ESPN during her senior year at college but failed to land an internship.
- When she finally received an internship position, she was disheartened to learn that she would simply be copying DVDs of sports broadcasts instead of reporting or hosting.
- Laura had her 1st chance to appear on-screen due to a completely random set of circumstances. One of the on-air presenters had a conflict with the broadcasting unit, and Laura was asked to jump in. The people that were there recognized her potential and praised her performance.
- On July 30, 2018, she became a co-host of the TV show Get Up! that changed the format of the traditional morning show to feature multiple co-hosts and sports analysts for a much more entertaining format.
- On November 18, 2018, Laura suffered 2 mishaps at the UMass versus Georgia Bulldogs college football game in Athens, Georgia, United States. First, she was dragged by the Bulldog’s mascot named Uga X while she held the leash, and a little later she got knocked down by 2 football players who were tackling each other. It all ended in good spirits, and she later joked of the incident on Twitter.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Laura Rutledge / Instagram