|George Hill Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
George Hill is an American professional basketball player who is best known for his career with the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has also played for teams like San Antonio Spurs, Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings, Cleveland Cavaliers, Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Philadelphia 76ers in the past. During the course of his career, George has been the recipient of honors like Summit League‘s “Player of the Year”.
George Jesse Hill, Jr.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
George Hill went to the Broad Ripple Magnet High School in Indianapolis and graduated in 2004.
He then joined the Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis after receiving scholarships from other prestigious colleges as well. George had one year of his eligibility left when he decided to declare himself available for the draft early in 2008, thus ending his successful college career.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – George Jesse Hill
- Mother – Tina Hill Woods
- Siblings – None
- Others – Gilbert Edison (Great Grandfather)
George Hill is represented by Bill Neff.
3 – San Antonio Spurs, Indiana Pacers, Utah Jazz
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
85 kg or 188 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
George Hill has dated –
- Samantha Garcia (2012-Present) – George Hill started dating Brazilian beauty Samantha Garcia in 2012 after meeting her at an event in Indianapolis. Soon, they made their relationship public as Samantha became a courtside fixture at the Indiana Pacers matches. In 2015, it was revealed that Samantha was pregnant with his first child. In January 2016, Samantha gave an early-than-expected birth to a son, whom the couple named Zayden Jaxon Hill. In January 2018, they welcomed their 2nd child together, Zoë Jessie Hill. They got married on August 13, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall imposing body
- Short trimmed hair
George Hill has an endorsement deal with Peak Sports US. As part of the deal, George has also created his own line of sneakers called PEAK GH3.
He also has done TV adverts for the Indiana Members Credit Union. As a part of this promotional campaign, George helped Indiana Members Credit Union pack backpacks with school supplies and other necessities for the local students. Below is one cheesy advert from the campaign.
Best Known For
- His athleticism and strength
- Being one of the best defensive players in the NFL
First Basketball Match
On November 4, 2008, George Hill made his NBA debut for the San Antonio Spurs in the third game of the season against the Dallas Mavericks.
He played his first professional match for Indiana Pacers against Detroit Pistons on December 26, 2011, in a 91 to 79 victory.
On October 25, 2016, Hill stepped out for the Utah Jazz for the first time in a season opener against Portland Trail Blazers.
George Hill has transformed himself into one of the most reliable defensive players with grueling training sessions, which he terms as a monster discipline. Along with basketball related drills such as floor ladder and working with light response board, he performs a number of strength training exercises in the circuit. These exercises include inverted rows, bicep curls, and walking lunges.
George Hill Favorite Things
- Local Fast Food Chain – Bush’s Chicken
- Beverages – Gatorade and Strawberry Lemonade
- Rappers – Jay-Z, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Meek Mill
- Hobbies – Fishing and Bowling
- Actors – Mark Wahlberg, Jamie Foxx
- Celebrity Crushes – Sofia Vergara, Alex Morgan
George Hill Facts
- While playing for IUPUI university, he was named the player of the year by Summit League and in his junior year, he was given Honorable Mention All-American.
- After high school, he selected IUPUI over prestigious institutes such as Temple and Indiana because he wanted to remain close to his ill great grandfather.
- Few months after verbal agreeing with IUPUI, his great grandfather passed away but he still opted against leaving IUPUI due to his great grandfather’s advice.
- After he suffered an injury in his third year at college, he was assigned red-shirt status, which effectively added another year to his college stay.
- In June 2011, he moved to the Indiana Pacers from San Antonio Spurs as part of the trade that sent Kawhi Leonard in opposite direction.
- In July 2012, he signed a new $40 million five-year contract with Indiana Pacers.
- George Hill considers getting out of his tough and impoverished neighborhood and becoming professional NBA player after college as his biggest achievement.
- In November 2016, he was named the Western Conference Player of the Week, which was his first award in that category in his career.
- In November 2013, he helped promote $25,000 awards for the Indianapolis public school teachers, who have changed students’ lives. He also served as a judge for the award.